Got it working like I wanted
Did a slipstream, and make all the tweaks/options i wanted in Nlite.
Changed a couple of entries in multboot's winnt.sif file.
Deleated the registry tweaks in multiboot $oem$ folder.
Went just like I wanted it to
Now, I use an application called HyperOS, which allows multiple OS installs. My version will allow up to 22 different installs of 2000, XP, Vista.
This gives me the luxury of experimenting without worrying about borking a good system.
I currently have 6 installs, and I used the one in partition 6 for do all of my installs.
I got XP working the way I wanted, and then decided that I'd do XP x64 also. Ran into a bit of a problem there as multiboot6
didn't want to 'play nice' with x64.
I noticed a threas on x64 installs, and after looking through that, I D/Led and used multiboot5
This time I met with success. One thing I did discover is that at one point, if I took the option NO for 'Mixed PATA/SATA', that during the install the USB stick used partition D, and when I was finished, all the partition letters after C: in my new install were off by one letter
I did another re-build of the USB-stick and then took the 'make U' option, and it now works correctly for my purposes.
Now if I could just have both installs on the stick, life would be sweet. I notice that there hust so happens to be a thread on that very subject, so I'm off to see whaat's happening there.
I gotta say, this is one sweet application!! Can't wait to let the folkss at Dreiverheaven.net know about it