BDA (Tv tuner support) on Server 2008/R2

shahed26

BDA (TV Tuner) support for Server 2008 x86 and x64/R2

DISCONTINUED.

See bottom of the page for an updated link for help and future support

3 STEPS ONLY TO GET BDA ON SERVER (TV TUNER FUNCTION)

I compiled a setup file, that will add BDA (TV Tuner) function on Server 2008 x86 and x64, without any hassles.

I tested it on a clean installation several times, no issues at all

Changelog:

07/09/08

-No more devices found error

-Minor bda.inf tweaks

-No need to reboot after installing now

22/06/08

-Fixed a MAJOR bug which prevented the installer from not installing BDA on server

-Updated BDA Installer files with latest DirectX 9 Redist June

03/06/08

-Fixed x64 Directory source file copy error (BDA was not working on x64 systems due to source files not being copied to the right directory)

-Now installer uses x64 version of "regsvr32.exe" to register x64 source files, and x86 version of "regsvr32.exe" to register x86 source files

29/05/08

-Added x64 support

-Made corrections to x86 installer

-Added more filters that were missing from previous installer pack

-Fixed "kxsbar.ax, kstvtune.ax invalid errors

Tested on 7 different x86 and x64 machines, all with different TV Cards, all worked fine

Download Link:

See below for an updated link and support

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have made an updated version of this BDA installer to support Server 2008 R2.

I will NOT be updating this page anymore. For all support and help, go to this link:

http://win2008workstation.com/forum/viewto...f=22&t=1023

Edited by shahed26

problem is there is no DVB-T Network Provider installed.

You can manually register msdvbnp.ax from a Vista machine but the property tab will be grey'd out (I think the reg key has moved)

hi

my technotrend tv tuner works like a charm on vista ultimate x86, even though it says on installation of the driver (Not digitally signed by ms), but when i install it on windows server 2008 trial version, it installs the driver, but no tv application work with the tv tuner, it gives error like 'cannot initialize' any solution on how to make it work on server 2008 please. by the way any tv tuner you know that will for sure work on server 2008?

thank you

problem is there is no DVB-T Network Provider installed.

You can manually register msdvbnp.ax from a Vista machine but the property tab will be grey'd out (I think the reg key has moved)

hi

my technotrend tv tuner works like a charm on vista ultimate x86, even though it says on installation of the driver (Not digitally signed by ms), but when i install it on windows server 2008 trial version, it installs the driver, but no tv application work with the tv tuner, it gives error like 'cannot initialize' any solution on how to make it work on server 2008 please. by the way any tv tuner you know that will for sure work on server 2008?

thank you

thanks for your help, i did copy (to sysytem32 under server) and register msdvbnp.ax "regsvr32 /s msdvbnp.ax" from a Vista machine, but still no luck. i installed the latest web release directx 9c, but my dvbviewer tv app cannot find my device although it appears on system device list with no conflict :(

Edited by shahed26

• 3 weeks later...

I have an Leadtek DTV2000 H, and have too this problem. I'm trying everything i can, about 10 programs to watch and record TV, but with no success.

I found only information that this not working TV tuner has something to do with windwos(directx) BDA.

Only program which works is DScaler, it shows TV channel picture and also sound, but recording does not record sound, and the quality of video was terrible, even when i set quality XviD/MPG-4 video settings.

Now i'm waiting for some fix, from Leadtek or Microsoft.

I have an Leadtek DTV2000 H, and have too this problem. I'm trying everything i can, about 10 programs to watch and record TV, but with no success.

I found only information that this not working TV tuner has something to do with windwos(directx) BDA.

Only program which works is DScaler, it shows TV channel picture and also sound, but recording does not record sound, and the quality of video was terrible, even when i set quality XviD/MPG-4 video settings.

Now i'm waiting for some fix, from Leadtek or Microsoft.

thanks for your info. its not your card drivers, its microsoft. they do not have support for it yet. i did try dscalers but does not work with my one (hauppague hrv 4000)

hopefully ms will give us support it soon

thanks for your info. its not your card drivers, its microsoft. they do not have support for it yet. i did try dscalers but does not work with my one (hauppague hrv 4000)

You wrote: its microsoft. they do not have support for it yet, but support for what exactly, did you know?

I think it may have something to do with directx 10, i will do some research with this, and give here info when have done researching of this problem.

You wrote: its microsoft. they do not have support for it yet, but support for what exactly, did you know?

I think it may have something to do with directx 10, i will do some research with this, and give here info when have done researching of this problem.

its not directx 10, its almost impossible to get tv cards working on server 08. they do not support BDA function on server

check this link,

http://www.hauppauge.co.uk/board/showthread.php?t=14850

Edited by shahed26

its not directx 10, its almost impossible to get tv cards working on server 08. they do not support BDA function on server

check this link,

http://www.hauppauge.co.uk/board/showthread.php?t=14850

Yes i read this, but i read somewhere it can be something to do with directx, but now from your link no directx issue is behind that. Then we must wait M$ to add BDA support for server 2008 :wacko:

I wrote to Leadtek support, but their answer was:

We are sorry for we are not promise it can work with server 2008 platform.

Because any released driver or application software of our download site no test with it.

So we are no suggest you set it work with there.

This is not what im excepting from Leadtek as customer :-(

Edited by terrorix

to be honest, server is not designed for use as a workstation. its just a bonus for us to have some vista goodiness eg, vista looks etc..

No company design their workstation device (components) drivers for server. as i mentioned its just a bonus for us to have almost all workstation components devices driver work on server except BDA

theres many people out there trying to get BDA working. hopefully someday soon we will have BDA or never

ok. i got my tv tuner card (hauppauge HVR4000 DVB-S2) working and now i can watch and tune into all my satellite channels including HD Channels ON SERVER 2008.

will be posting on how i got BDA fucntion on server 2008.......