BDA (Tv tuner support) on Server 2008/R2

shahed26

Just wanted to let you know that I've been using Server 2008 for the last 24 hours and have recorded several TV Shows with it using Webscheduler and so far it's all good. Thanks again for your Guide. :thumbup

Make sure you have the latest "DIRECTX" installed. also a decent codec pack

run this file from DXSETUP.exe from the latest DX9 Redist download

if it still does not work then do this:

run the file bda.inf from "BDAXP.cab" (from latest direcx download)again, and restart (right click on bda.inf and then choose install). if its promting you to install pnp devices that it finds, then just click cancel for all of them if it still does not work, then run bda.inf again, and this time when it finds the pnp devices, just locate and install. when its prompting pnp install make sure you browse to the files extracted from "bdaxp.cab"

Also the guide is sort of confusing, double check everything, and repeat all actions from my guide again if its still not working.

Nothings helps to me, trying this steps or full guide again and with no success.

When i ran register.cmd i have these errors:

post-188025-1209822982_thumb.jpg

and

post-188025-1209822988_thumb.jpg

I forgot to mention that i have 64 bit windows server 2008. I use source files from 64 bit Vista, this is ok.

I dont know what to do now...

Make sure you have the latest "DIRECTX" installed. also a decent codec pack

run this file from DXSETUP.exe from the latest DX9 Redist download

if it still does not work then do this:

run the file bda.inf from "BDAXP.cab" (from latest direcx download)again, and restart (right click on bda.inf and then choose install). if its promting you to install pnp devices that it finds, then just click cancel for all of them if it still does not work, then run bda.inf again, and this time when it finds the pnp devices, just locate and install. when its prompting pnp install make sure you browse to the files extracted from "bdaxp.cab"

Also the guide is sort of confusing, double check everything, and repeat all actions from my guide again if its still not working.

Nothings helps to me, trying this steps or full guide again and with no success.

When i ran register.cmd i have these errors:

post-188025-1209822982_thumb.jpg

and

post-188025-1209822988_thumb.jpg

I forgot to mention that i have 64 bit windows server 2008. I use source files from 64 bit Vista, this is ok.

I dont know what to do now...

thats were it went all wrong. i updated my guide, read it properly again. the errors wont be there anymore. you need to extract ALL THE FILES from bdaxp.cab and run bda.inf from there. read my guide again coz its updated and you wont get no errors.

btw it should work on x64 as well. (did not try it on x64 yet)

I would like to say a big thanks to shahed26 for the BDA guide. :thumbup

My Terratec DT USB XS Diversity Digital Tuner is now working fine in Windows 2008 server!

Dual tuners working OK, everything looks stable and normal, no errors in the OS logs.

Software : TerraTec Home Cinema 5.73.00 beta

Driver : Cinergy DT USB XS Diversity - BDA Driver 3.12.0.0 (for XP and Vista)

Filters : Vista Codec Package 4.6.4

Hardware (PC) : Lenovo T60 Laptop !

Windows 2008 is now FULLY configured to look and behave like Vista. I'm impressed.

Just wanted to let you know that I've been using Server 2008 for the last 24 hours and have recorded several TV Shows with it using Webscheduler and so far it's all good. Thanks again for your Guide. :thumbup

thanks for letting me know. enjoy watching tv on server

I would like to say a big thanks to shahed26 for the BDA guide. :thumbup

My Terratec DT USB XS Diversity Digital Tuner is now working fine in Windows 2008 server!

Dual tuners working OK, everything looks stable and normal, no errors in the OS logs.

Software : TerraTec Home Cinema 5.73.00 beta

Driver : Cinergy DT USB XS Diversity - BDA Driver 3.12.0.0 (for XP and Vista)

Filters : Vista Codec Package 4.6.4

Hardware (PC) : Lenovo T60 Laptop !

Windows 2008 is now FULLY configured to look and behave like Vista. I'm impressed.

your welcome mate :)

Edited by shahed26

ok guys, please leave feedback of this bda function solution, and please report any issues, so i can improve bda support on server.

any suggestion on how to improve or anything are most welcome

Edited by shahed26

This guide does not help to me :o

Does anyone gets bda working on 64 bit windows server 2008?

I do this steps:

1. clean install of windows server 2008 x64

2. install all drivers of my motherboard, vga drivers

3. install tv card drivers (WinFast DTV 2000H) x64

4. use your bda install batch

After restart i got some errors as above:

kstvtune.ax

ksxbar.ax

I give up trying to get working BDA on x64 windows server 2008.

• 3 weeks later...
This guide does not help to me :o

Does anyone gets bda working on 64 bit windows server 2008?

I do this steps:

1. clean install of windows server 2008 x64

2. install all drivers of my motherboard, vga drivers

3. install tv card drivers (WinFast DTV 2000H) x64

4. use your bda install batch

After restart i got some errors as above:

kstvtune.ax

ksxbar.ax

I give up trying to get working BDA on x64 windows server 2008.

x64 support added, and made corrections to x86 installer and added a few more missing filters..

Hello shahed26,

I have the same error than terrorix with kstvtune.ax and ksxbar.ax by using your manual method. I'm using Win2k8 datacenter X86 on a Dell Latitude C510/C610. What do you advice to me ? Your recently modified automatic method ?

An idea please. My hardware TV tuner : PCTV DVB-T stick solo and PCTV Dual DVB-t Diversity Stick.

Other question : a pack codec like K-Lite codec is really necessary or optional ?

Thanks for your patience.

valorisa

Edited by valorisa

Hello shahed26,

I have the same error than terrorix with kstvtune.ax and ksxbar.ax by using your manual method. I'm using Win2k8 datacenter X86 on a Dell Latitude C510/C610. What do you advice to me ? Your recently modified automatic method ?

An idea please. My hardware TV tuner : PCTV DVB-T stick solo and PCTV Dual DVB-t Diversity Stick.

Other question : a pack codec like K-Lite codec is really necessary or optional ?

Thanks for your patience.

valorisa

try my new recently modified installers. the errors that you and terrorix had with kstvtune.ax and ksxbar.ax are fixed. these errors were caused by a few "mui" files missing that must be present in the source folder.

just try the new installer and it should work this time.

btw make sure your read the instructions before installing found inside the "bdaforserver"

edit: codec pack is optional. but remember server has no mpeg2 codecs or anything, so viewing live tv picture will require you to install one later. anyways thats a optional so its fine without a codec pack

Edited by shahed26

Updated:

Recent Changes:

03/06/08

-Fixed x64 Directory source file copy error (BDA was not working on x64 systems due to source files not being copied in the right directory)

-Now installer uses x64 version of "regsvr32.exe" to register x64 source files, and x86 version of "regsvr32.exe" to register x86 source files

29/05/08

-Added x64 support

-Made corrections to x86 installer

-Added more filters that were missing from previous installer pack

-Fixed "kxsbar.ax, kstvtune.ax invalid errors