BDA (Tv tuner support) on Server 2008/R2

shahed26

i need some help with getting my tv card to work...

- installed win server 2008 x64

- installed drivers for motherboard, sound and graphics

- installed the latest directx

- installed klite codec pack

- enabled audio and desktop experience

- installed drivers for my tv card (leadtek tv 2000 xp expert) and software for it (winfast)

- put 'bdaforserver' in c:\ (with those files from vista x64 in proper folder) and i ran setup (with admin privileges).

it asked for file 'BdaSup.sys' (i found on forums that shahed said that it needs to be in ...\system32\ so i put it there - i copied it from 'bda' folder (bdaforserver\bda))

then windows was listing bunch of '1 file copied' in command prompt window and then it asked again for the 'BdaSup.sys', so i again browsed to it.

installation was done, but there was no automatic restart? in instrucitons it says that there should be one?

anyway, i restarted computer manually and when it was entering desktop there were few errors....something about missing files...when i restarted it again so i could write down those errors they were gone.

and finally, i start my winfast and get the 'famous' 'failed to build graph' message.

PLEASE HELP, im desperate here

edit: there are no /!\ in device manager, everything is the way it should be

Edited by peja_

ok, i installed it again with the bdasup.sys in the c:\windows\inf and it went ok, this time WITH the automatic restart.

then, when it got to the 'ctrl-alt-del log in' screen i got bsod. after another restart i got into desktop but after launching my tv software (winfast) i again got 'failed to build graph'

then i downloaded another program, 'DScaler' which also reported error (can't load hardware driver, possibly caused by corrupt installation. reboot and try again. file c:\source\deintelace\dscalerbuild4115\dscaler\dscaler\providers.ccp line 488).

then i downloaded and installed the latest winfast version and it worked, kinda. there was no 'failed to build graph' message, i can get into the setup, choose my country and all, but every time after scanning the channels, the application crashes...

can someone tell me how to fix this problem? or maybe you know some other, better application for my leadtek 2000 xp expert tv card?

thanks

edit: i tried to press 'stop scanning' before it's finished, but that also makes it crash.

edit2: i gave up.

Edited by peja_

• 3 weeks later...

I was able to follow the steps to install BDA on server and things are almost fine except that I am getting the signals in Black & White with lot of static in the sound. Any idea, what I am doing wrong?

Could this be the TV tuner card issue? I am using winTV-HVR 1600 on W2K server 2008(X86) using Vista codec.

One thing I would like to add is that while installing the BDA on server(instructions by Shahed26), the script prompted me to browse for bdasup.sys. I accidentally closed the prompt and the sever rebooted automatically. I tried to run the setup script again but the prompt never showed up again. Could this be the culprit?

Please help.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone;

I recently setup server 2008 X86 with a PVR-500 card and sageTV. The card is installed in device manager fine, but SageTV doesn't see it. I am assuming it is because of the no BDA support. When I found this thread I got excited, but having read through all the posts in this thread, it doesn't sound like this will work for me because my card is analog. Am I correct in this assumption? My system used to be XP and I really don't want to go back to it. If anyone with my card has any advice I would appreciate it.

TIA,

Mav

PS-I dont have a vista CD to play with unfortunately...

• 1 month later...
One problem exists. See here

Has anyone solved this problem yet?

For me it was an issue with the Hauppauge card PVR-150 which doesnt support an x64 Vista or 2008 server installation with 4GB ram. You email Hauppauge, send a screenshot that prooves you have a Vista X64 with 4GB ram (not the 2008 server, they will not help you then). After that you can ask to have your PVR_150 replaced for another card. I've got a 1700 for an extra 40€.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Justed downloaded that new link from rapidshare.

Only contains one file bdaforserver.exe 876k and a dir with a load of 3D Glass Imaginations Wallpapers [1600x1200] HD Collection!

don't see any instructions and it does not appear to do anything.

Can you confirm this is the correct download?

Hi guys,

does this still work for Windows Server 2008 R2 ?

I guess one has to gather the files from Windows 7 but how about the files in the bda folder ?

Update:

Ok, I tried this on W2K8 R2. It still works. I got the files from Windows7 of course, instead of Vista.

While bda.inf was installed I got the message that a file was already present and in a newer version. I think it was bdasp.sys.

Where did you get the files inside the BDA folder ? Can I update those from Windows7 as well ?

Bye,

Alex

Edited by midiboy

• 1 month later...
Could somebody please provide a link to the Windows 7 x64 BDA files?

File Reuploaded!

You MUST have a Vista x64 installation DVD, or Vista x64 installed On your current system to get these x64 files.

Edited by shahed26

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I also try to install my TV card on a Windows Server 2008 R2 (64bit) machine. I want to use my Hauppauge PVR-500 TV card with GBPVR software to watch and record TV shows from the livingroom with my Egreat M34A NMT.

The card is analog.

I received errors when I use the GBPVR TunningAssistent.exe and select my card.

---------------------------

TuningAssistant

Failed to find Crossbar filter. Wrong device type?

OK

I would so happy when I can run it all on my Windows Server 2008 R2.

When I start PVRX2 at the w2k8 machine then I received also an error message:

Sorry, this system does not support the required VMR9 video render.

OK

I have al the things doing in this forum.

* Install a Windows Vista Eng (64bit) machine and get the files with BDAforServer

* Install Windows Server 2008 R2 and activate Desktop Experience and Audio

* Install Windows Media Player 12

* Install K-Lite Codec Pack

* Install Media Player Classic - Home Cinema x64

* Run all the register files the are post

* Run 'Setup BDA' to install the Vista files

* Install GBPVR

My server has no Audio device and a simple onboard Video card. When a Audio device is necessary, let my know, then I go to buy one. My Video card is a 'XGI Volari Z7 controller with 32MB of Video Memory' wish is onboard of my systemboard: 'Asus Server DSBV-DX'. The system has 8GB of intern memory and 2x Xeon Quartcore 2.5GHZ processors and a ARC1222 Raid Card with 4 HDD in a Raid5 set.

Can someone help my to get the analog TV Card (Hauppauge pvr-500) running on my Windows Server 2008 R2?

This does NOT support Server 2008 R2, only Server 2008.

I have made an updated version of this BDA installer to support R2.

I will NOT be updating this page anymore. For all support and help, go to this link:

http://win2008workstation.com/forum/viewto...f=22&t=1023

EDIT:

Updated first page

Edited by shahed26