What Not To Remove For Some Programs

Legolash2o

TuneUp Utilities 2008

Components: Services -> Task Scheduler

Error: You are not able to enter the TuneUp options page. TuneUp just quits if you want to open the options and Task Scheduler isn't present.

OH, now I know why my Tuneup doesn't work properly

This Information is not verify deeply but based on error reported

Components: Service- > Event Log

Keep Event Log avoid error with Activation, Network service, PPOE, VPN, Sharing folder from Windows Live Messenger

Edited by hannubys

Phone Tools : Motorolla - Nokia

Components:Hardware Support-->Modem Support

Error:You wont be able to use your phone as modem and you cannot use some softwares because driver install fails.

• 2 weeks later...

the last Vlite vista showed that removing Winsxs , Netframe work cause Logon studio Vista and Vize NOT working , You simply Cant Start the application .Not confirmed , But very likely, cause i seldom use them, Anyhow , i guess Net Frame work cause the Proble

synaptics touchpad

Components: Services -> UAC

Error: You must active UAC to setup synaptics touchpad console

:angry:

Yes. even if it is active, the detect application installations and prompt for elevation policy should be enable. One thing i do to bypass this is the following command before installing synaptic

REG ADD "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System" /v EnableInstallerDetection /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f

Why not just run the dpinstall.exe or whatever its called, which is in the same folder as the setup.exe? smartasses :D took me 20 secs to figure that out

synaptics touchpad

Components: Services -> UAC

Error: You must active UAC to setup synaptics touchpad console

:angry:

Yes. even if it is active, the detect application installations and prompt for elevation policy should be enable. One thing i do to bypass this is the following command before installing synaptic

REG ADD "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System" /v EnableInstallerDetection /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f

Why not just run the dpinstall.exe or whatever its called, which is in the same folder as the setup.exe? smartasses :D took me 20 secs to figure that out

Think for other people :rolleyes: