Slipstream SP1 fails

Tharon

Well i can get my service pack slipstreamed with out no prob.. BUT thats a but, i do get issues when im in a vmware , first im using the english version before svcpack my version is : 6.0.6000.16386 after service pack its : 6.0.6001.18000 and i got my file from ms.. i have 2 versions of the svcpack with different file sizes and tried them both.

My issues are when vista is installing via vmware just before it gets to the desktop i get the following:

-=> INSTALLING SERVICE PACK: 3 OF 3 100% COMPLETE.

DO NOT TURN OFF THE COMPUTER.

Then the computer just keeps rebooting and showing the same message over and over and rebooting.. i did see something flash on the screen for a half second about. System even failed to log ????? thats the part i missed..

ScOOt3r

i have the same stage 3 error

it keeps reboots itself and sounds like the manual Sp1 update

am using a vlited vista x64 retail

used vLite 1.1.6 Final, the other versions worked fine

the problems comes after running windows update

• 1 month later...

Well i can get my service pack slipstreamed with out no prob.. BUT thats a but, i do get issues when im in a vmware , first im using the english version before svcpack my version is : 6.0.6000.16386 after service pack its : 6.0.6001.18000 and i got my file from ms.. i have 2 versions of the svcpack with different file sizes and tried them both.

My issues are when vista is installing via vmware just before it gets to the desktop i get the following:

-=> INSTALLING SERVICE PACK: 3 OF 3 100% COMPLETE.

DO NOT TURN OFF THE COMPUTER.

Then the computer just keeps rebooting and showing the same message over and over and rebooting.. i did see something flash on the screen for a half second about. System even failed to log ????? thats the part i missed..

ScOOt3r

i had the same error. tried it 3 times before i realized that i was trying to slipstream the 32bit sp1 into my 64bit sp1. make sure u have the right update. the tutorial is the for 32 bit (x86) vista sp1 slipstream. hope this helps

i am using vista ultimate 64 bit

I get this error, even when using v1.2 beta.

I'm using a vLited Vista x32 with SP1 (pre-integrated from Microsoft) disk, and as described the problem only occurs after having run windows update for the first time.

• 3 weeks later...
I cannot get SP1 to slipstream.

I get following message: "Failed. No changes were saved"

I'm using latest version of Vlite.

Any Ideas what it might be?

I got the same error on several hardware. So I tried to use a new installation of my vista x86 ultimate (version 6.0.6000.16386) without sp1 and without any virus-scanner exept the vista defender. I installed the newest waik and the vlite 1.2 beta. i have about 20GB free on my working drive. the slipstream fails with the error "Failed. No changes were saved".

i used a german vista x64. is there any idea, where the problem is?

greetings

LaLinea