Uberskin theme: Sky98

This theme is intended to be maximally neutral and be so much "win98" as possible

http://slayershrine.wz.cz/nahlad.jpg

Theme is still in development, but here is first version. buttons are sharp to look more like in Windows 98 instead of vista like polished buttons. theme is so much neutral as possible, without too much glitter on it. Any suggestions welcome :)

added version 1.1 (sky9811.zip)

sky98theme.rar

sky9811.zip

Edited by Offler

i'm kinda new here so i'm probably just missing something small, but, I really like this theme, and I want it, but it won't work. i opened the registry file, it applied changes without error, but this theme didn't work. i have uberskin, and it works with the vista and xp ones, but not this sky98 one. help, anyone? :(

i always forget to add readme.txt to my packages :)

copy "Sky98" directory to C:\windows\resources directory.

then change the theme to sky98 and images shall load. they have to be in that directory to make theme work.

Hi Offler,

Your theme looks rather good. I'll give it a try. But on the screenshot, I notice the scrollbars not be skinned. If I want to modify them, what should I do? Or it'll be better if you have time changing them for me, Offler.

Edit: Uh oh ... I forgot to say this, "Thanks in advance!"

Edited by Aloha

to aloha:

i will see what i can do :)

to TheRedFox:

file is packed so if not downloaded correctly it may cause crc error, but will not extract at all... i dont know where is the problem... other themes are working correctly?

TheRedFox, this theme works just fine for me, no problem at all. Make sure you copy the Sky98 folder (not Sky98theme) to the right place. It looks like this: C:\WINDOWS\Resources\Sky98

I hope it works for you. As for me, I'll wait for the upgraded theme by Offler.

yeah, I copied the entire folder, rather than just the theme. and other themes are working just fine. maybe i'll try again. it might have required a reboot, and I have shut down and started back up a few times since i first tried

thanks for trying to help

as it turns out, i misunderstood your instructions. i needed to copy the internal directly called sky98, rather than the whole theme. i'm not always the brightest, lol. this theme is cool, i look forward to updates

• 2 months later...

Version 1.1 is in production right now

Changes:

- Fixed minor graphical bugs on taskbar

- changed "popping-up" taskbar button

- Fixed minor graphical bugs in buttons

Planned changes:

- fix for maximized windows - buttons are not properly placed

- skin or not to skin - the scrollbar ?

- background?

- minor fixes in window skins or major changes?

- add "readme.txt" :)

Stay Tuned :)

And you will call it SkyXP? How interesting! Maybe Marxo, Xstyle, Zoinkity, or Dblake1 (and some more I can't remember) can do it. They all can make themes. But not sure if they have time or not.