Multibooting XP and Vista on a DVD...

Nakatomi2010

Alright, so I'm creating a kind of Ultimate AIO-DVD in that it contains some fice WinPEs, one VistaPE, nine copies of XP (With three boot options each so a total of 27 XP install options), all copies of Vista (32 and 64 bit) and around 20 bootable floppies... Needless to say the disc is indeed an Ultimate AIO-DVD.... However, the dilema is a bit odd.... And I don't know what to blame... Obviously a DVD of this magnitude enters into the dual layer disc rage, it is indeed a 7.5GB DVD image, and the problem I'm have is, I believe, related to the size....

The boot loaders don't work..... It's like once I make this huge image the boot loaders stopped working properly, I've tried using BCDW and bscript, and both of the fail... bscript just out right fials to load, while BCDW loads and is useable, but nothing is readable on the screen... Just gibberish, but you can "use" in that all the options work.... Hell, it even let me load the Vista installer.....

I'm using the CDImage Gui Beta 3 to conduct the shrinking... Is there an issue with using CDImage on something this large, or are the boot loaders just not coping?

A idea:

Early at boot BIOS routines are used.

Some BIOS limit CD/DVD access. Only first part is available: first 65535 sectors or first 2GB or first 4GB.

Check LBA of early boot files. IsoBuster list LBA's of files.

Which LBA use BCDW files?

E.g. setupldr.bin or BIOS acesss first 4GB only.

Setupldr.bin won't find a textmode file at end of media, at 7GB location.

Hole DVD is available after loading and starting CD drivers, e.g. cdfs.sys.