[Tutorial] Build Windows Vista SP1 x86 DVD using vLite

neo

I have a BIG problem, my Vista x64 SP1 FR DVD doesn't work !

I have just slipstream SP1 into all Vista versions (ULTIMATE, HOME BUSINESS, etc....)

keep all components, no changes, just add SP1 x64.

take about 7 hours, When it was finish, I Rebuild Vista folder with "LOG", because If I don't Rebuild ISO was to big to write it.

When Rebuild was finish I create ISO and write it.

My problem :

When Install Vista (fresh install), after I enter product key I have an error with install.wim corrupted or missed.

message : ''Windows cannot open the required file E:\Sources\install.wim. The file may be corrupt or missing. Make sure all files required for installation are available and restart the installation.".

:no:

Edited by DirtyShady

DirtyShady,

I experienced the same problem, but for my side I export all the images (windows ultimate, windows home premium...) from the original install.wim for creating a new one with all the builds x86 et x64, I used WAIK to do it.

If I use oscdimg to create the final iso file the install.wim which was around 4.5gigs, is around 380Mb after ???.

I did not noticed that the first time, so when I tried to install this version in WMWare, it said that it was impossible to find install.wim or this file was corrupt.

So for my point of view the application integrated in vlite or waik as a problem for creating an iso higher than 4.3gigs (i made many tests).

The workaround for me was to use UltraISO and create a bootable DVD. Now it works fine. :rolleyes:

Hi guys,

I'm using vLite to integrate Service Pack 1 only in my Windows Vista Ultimate.

1 - I've copied all the contents of my DVD.

2 - I've selected "Windows Vista Ultimate"

3 - I've gone to Splitstream and I've selected Service Pack 1 to integrate.

4 - After wait 60-90 minutes. I've gone to ISO and Make ISO.

This way is correct?

Did I create a new ISO of my Windows Vista Ultimate with Service Pack 1?

Because my question is about the Apply button. Have I use this button or not?

How can I know if my new ISO have Service Pack 1 integrated without need install the OS?

Thanks

Matiello

Edited by matiello

I have a BIG problem, my Vista x64 SP1 FR DVD doesn't work !

I have just slipstream SP1 into all Vista versions (ULTIMATE, HOME BUSINESS, etc....)

keep all components, no changes, just add SP1 x64.

take about 7 hours, When it was finish, I Rebuild Vista folder with "LOG", because If I don't Rebuild ISO was to big to write it.

:no:

Lol, so say 1hr per version or something? I would never get any version of windows finished in time at that speed.

Here it takes about 5 to 10 minutes. Ramdisk forever..

Welcome to MSFN Forum !

You can use Apply button if you wanna use only n only Windows Vista Ultimate.

Man, thank you for the info.

But "I can use" or "I've to use" Apply?

Because I make ISO without use Apply button.

Is there a way to know If my ISO have integrated Service Pack 1?

Thanks

Matiello

Do you wanna use Vista Ultimate only...then You should use Apply...it remove other editions, that helps to reduce size of ISO...One more thing...if you are not using Apply...button..then your ISO will contains all edition with Vista Ultimate Edition with SP1...and rest of all remain SP0.

Locate your installation source file and select your edition in vLite...

It will show you all information...Service Pack level as well as build no.

Man,

"if you are not using Apply...button..then your ISO will contains all edition with Vista Ultimate Edition with SP1"

This was what I wanted to know.

I don't care about my ISO contains all edition, but I want have Ultimate with SP1. Then I guess the way that I done is correct.

The informations that vLite show is:

Operation System: Windows Vista ULTIMATE

Description: Windows Vista Ultimate

Architecture: 32-Bit

Version: 6.0.6001.18000

vLite: v1.1.6 RC (26/04/2008 04:40:17)

I didn't find any information about Service Pack 1 but I found differents informations between Ultimate and the other versions:

Version: 6.0.1.6001.16386 and the vLite information don't have in other versions only in Ultimate version.

Thanks

Matiello

Edited by matiello

I think I have found my problem....

I have slipstream SP1 into all Vista x64 versions (ULTIMATE, HOME BUSINESS, etc....)

After It was finish (5-6 hours), I have made ISO, but ISO was to big to burn on DVD-R.

I have click on "Apply" button to Rebuilding DVD (Rebuild all versions) and make ISO, and burn my DVD.

But my Vista SP1 (All versions) don't work.

There are a solution to make Vista SP1 (All versions) into DVD-R ?

Edited by DirtyShady

How do i integrate SP1 into Vista Enterprise if it isn't in the list when i select the files location?

You must have the wrong iso file. Just wait, maybe someone have a solution