[Tutorial] Build Windows Vista SP1 x86 DVD using vLite

neo

How do i integrate SP1 into Vista Enterprise if it isn't in the list when i select the files location?

You must have the wrong iso file. Just wait, maybe someone have a solution

No, i have the correct ISO file. I want to integrate SP1 into Vista Enterprise and it doesn't come up on the list. I did an integration on Business and now when i enter a CD key on installation, it fails and says installation needs to be restarted. Anyone?

How do i integrate SP1 into Vista Enterprise if it isn't in the list when i select the files location?

You must have the wrong iso file. Just wait, maybe someone have a solution

No, i have the correct ISO file. I want to integrate SP1 into Vista Enterprise and it doesn't come up on the list. I did an integration on Business and now when i enter a CD key on installation, it fails and says installation needs to be restarted. Anyone?

Vista business and Enterprise are two diferent versions and don't use the same key.

Any idea how I do it? And will it save a lot of space?

http://www.vlite.net/about.html

http://www.vlite.net/help/

...Unfortunately it wont save much space.My "stock" Vista Ultimate+SP1 is still ~2.68GB or something.Not much smaller than Vista all editions+sp1.

Quote from Nuhi:

Deleting versions from the image won't save size, it just removes the allocation for the specific image preset which is represented as a Windows version, they all basically use the same files.
Edited by Tomorrow

Vlite as well xplite do not seem to work with upgrade packages. I have tried each and when I get to serial it says I must use original installation package. Also does not install serial number automatically even though I included it in iso build. :blink:

Edited by wizard1786

• 2 weeks later...

i will make all edition of SP1 but

but when that is dobe an i will install one of them i will not get the menu to choose.

it just starts instal one of them

1) i select the folder where Vista installation source

2) Select the edition which is to be upgraded to SP1

3) then select the sp1 and let it run to it is done

when it is done what now? go back to 1) or is the somthing i have to doo first before go back to 1)

• 2 weeks later...

I've tried slipstreaming and rebuilding the whole thing. If I burn the iso of this and don't remove or change anything, vista (ultimate) will install fine. If I take the rebuilt iso and remove or change ANYTHING, I get a nt kernel system file error during the loading files for setup screen. :angry:

Any way around this? Right now I'm trying to redo it all again only rather than slipstreaming SP1, I've got all..nearly 500mb worth of individual packages I've integrated into the iso I'm going to try and see if that will let me modify components.

i will make all edition of SP1 but

but when that is dobe an i will install one of them i will not get the menu to choose.

it just starts instal one of them

1) i select the folder where Vista installation source

2) Select the edition which is to be upgraded to SP1

3) then select the sp1 and let it run to it is done

when it is done what now? go back to 1) or is the somthing i have to doo first before go back to 1)

Yes you have to iterate the whole process one by one for all editions

I may have missed something but it gave me an error message when I was going through the file loading proceedure before starting install :realmad:

I'm going to try re-doing it without removing anything and see if I can just get the slipstreamed SP1 version to install and run updates.

I'm going to try re-doing it without removing anything and see if I can just get the slipstreamed SP1 version to install and run updates.

You must not remove anything from the integrated Vista SP1 after integration and Vista RTM before integration.

• 2 weeks later...
You must not remove anything from the integrated Vista SP1 after integration and Vista RTM before integration.

Are we out of luck if our goal was to slipstream SP1 and remove services? :blushing:

To get the fixed stuff from SP1, yet remove the unwanted stuff from Vista.

Thank you for the informative thread. :thumbup

Edit: I read the sticky below this one and found my answer.

Edited by vahe5790