Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

[Tutorial] Build Windows Vista SP1 x86 DVD using vLite

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
108 replies to this topic

oskingen

oskingen

MSFN Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 613 posts
This topic can be move to important topic ?

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

neo

neo

Microsoft MVP - Windows Expert Consumer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,251 posts
Thanks to Moderator and Admins to make this thread sticky :D

Thank you hannubys to favor this thread.

Sage08

Sage08
  • Members
  • 3 posts
How do i integrate SP1 into Vista Enterprise if it isn't in the list when i select the files location?

oskingen

oskingen

MSFN Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 613 posts

How do i integrate SP1 into Vista Enterprise if it isn't in the list when i select the files location?

You must have the wrong iso file. Just wait, maybe someone have a solution

oskingen

oskingen

MSFN Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 613 posts
Does this work with Windows N edition x64? A friend of mine tried it and told me that nothing happened. He waited more than 1h50

Edited by hannubys, 14 May 2008 - 03:24 PM.

oskingen

oskingen

MSFN Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 613 posts
That's good. I checked it in task manager and saw some activities for pkgmgr. It just took 2h30 but it worked.

Sage08

Sage08
  • Members
  • 3 posts

No, i have the correct ISO file. I want to integrate SP1 into Vista Enterprise and it doesn't come up on the list. I did an integration on Business and now when i enter a CD key on installation, it fails and says installation needs to be restarted. Anyone?

oskingen

oskingen

MSFN Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 613 posts

No, i have the correct ISO file. I want to integrate SP1 into Vista Enterprise and it doesn't come up on the list. I did an integration on Business and now when i enter a CD key on installation, it fails and says installation needs to be restarted. Anyone?

Vista business and Enterprise are two diferent versions and don't use the same key.

madman1980

madman1980
  • Members
  • 3 posts
Is it possible to remove all other version than Ultimate? I won't be using them anyway.

Tomorrow

Tomorrow

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 373 posts

Is it possible to remove all other version than Ultimate? I won't be using them anyway.

Yes

madman1980

madman1980
  • Members
  • 3 posts
Any idea how I do it? And will it save a lot of space?

Tomorrow

Tomorrow

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 373 posts

Any idea how I do it? And will it save a lot of space?

http://www.vlite.net/about.html
http://www.vlite.net/help/

...Unfortunately it wont save much space.My "stock" Vista Ultimate+SP1 is still ~2.68GB or something.Not much smaller than Vista all editions+sp1.

Quote from Nuhi:

Deleting versions from the image won't save size, it just removes the allocation for the specific image preset which is represented as a Windows version, they all basically use the same files.

Edited by Tomorrow, 19 May 2008 - 05:55 AM.

wizard1786

wizard1786
  • Members
  • 1 posts
Vlite as well xplite do not seem to work with upgrade packages. I have tried each and when I get to serial it says I must use original installation package. Also does not install serial number automatically even though I included it in iso build. :blink:

Edited by wizard1786, 19 May 2008 - 03:49 PM.

the-real-dreamtime

the-real-dreamtime
  • Members
  • 1 posts
i will make all edition of SP1 but
but when that is dobe an i will install one of them i will not get the menu to choose.
it just starts instal one of them

1) i select the folder where Vista installation source
2) Select the edition which is to be upgraded to SP1
3) then select the sp1 and let it run to it is done

when it is done what now? go back to 1) or is the somthing i have to doo first before go back to 1)

FastRedPonyCar

FastRedPonyCar

Fixing Airforce IT problems one patch at a time...

• Members
  • 28 posts
I've tried slipstreaming and rebuilding the whole thing. If I burn the iso of this and don't remove or change anything, vista (ultimate) will install fine. If I take the rebuilt iso and remove or change ANYTHING, I get a nt kernel system file error during the loading files for setup screen. :angry:

Any way around this? Right now I'm trying to redo it all again only rather than slipstreaming SP1, I've got all..nearly 500mb worth of individual packages I've integrated into the iso I'm going to try and see if that will let me modify components.

neo

neo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,251 posts

i will make all edition of SP1 but
but when that is dobe an i will install one of them i will not get the menu to choose.
it just starts instal one of them

1) i select the folder where Vista installation source
2) Select the edition which is to be upgraded to SP1
3) then select the sp1 and let it run to it is done

when it is done what now? go back to 1) or is the somthing i have to doo first before go back to 1)

Yes you have to iterate the whole process one by one for all editions

Siliwangi

Siliwangi
  • Members
  • 2 posts
thank`s guys for all, I have slipstream SP1 into my Vista DVD and it is working..... , but i need very long time to build it, anyway good job guys... :thumbup

FastRedPonyCar

FastRedPonyCar

Fixing Airforce IT problems one patch at a time...

• Members
  • 28 posts
I may have missed something but it gave me an error message when I was going through the file loading proceedure before starting install :realmad:

I'm going to try re-doing it without removing anything and see if I can just get the slipstreamed SP1 version to install and run updates.

neo

neo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,251 posts

I'm going to try re-doing it without removing anything and see if I can just get the slipstreamed SP1 version to install and run updates.

You must not remove anything from the integrated Vista SP1 after integration and Vista RTM before integration.

vahe5790

vahe5790
  • Members
  • 2 posts

You must not remove anything from the integrated Vista SP1 after integration and Vista RTM before integration.

Are we out of luck if our goal was to slipstream SP1 and remove services? :blushing:

To get the fixed stuff from SP1, yet remove the unwanted stuff from Vista.

Thank you for the informative thread. :thumbup

Edit: I read the sticky below this one and found my answer.

Edited by vahe5790, 24 June 2008 - 10:53 PM.

tiwet

tiwet
  • Members
  • 1 posts

[Tutorial] Build Windows Vista SP1 x86 DVD using vLite

Hi Everyone,

Recently Windows Vista SP1 has been released finally and it can be installed in three ways:

• Using Windows Vista SP1 pre-integrated DVD
  • Using Windows Vista SP1 Offline Update installer and
  • Via Windows Update.

But Microsoft has stated that Windows Vista SP1 pre-integrated DVD can get only Microsoft partners, Business Consumers, MSDN & Technet subscribers and Microsoft Connect users. So there are only two ways to get Vista SP1 installed, but it take long time to install SP1 and terrible to install each n every time in fresh Windows Vista RTM. To solve this problem, I would like to thank vLite Developers and Community; they have released vLite with SP slipstream support and its simple tutorial that helps to slipstream SP in Windows Vista n build your Vista SP1 DVD.

Requirements:

How to:
1. First of all, install vLite and copy all contents of DVD into HDD folder, say F:\Vista
2. Now select the folder where Vista installation source has been copied (F:\Vista)
3. Select the edition which is to be upgraded to SP1

Posted Image

4. Proceed Next and only select Service Pack Slipstream option.

Posted Image

By selecting Windows Vista SP1 offline update installer, extracting and slipstreaming process will be started and it’ll take 60-90 mins to accomplish the task.

5. After completion, create bootable DVD or image and get your Vista SP1 installed simultaneously.

(Only a single edition will be upgraded to SP1 at a time and to make complete Vista SP1….I mean, if you want to create all editions upgraded to SP1 disc. You have to follow the same process for each edition.)

NOTE: Don’t select any other option such as integration, components, tweaks etc when slip-streaming service pack. One more thing, don’t remove any component from vLited Vista image because it may cause interrupted installation.

I have slip-streamed all editions into Vista DVD and tested…all are working perfect. And It has been taken 8-10 hours….slipstreaming speed may depends upon your computer configuration.

Thanks

notosapien

notosapien

• Members
  • 12 posts
Any way to slipstream SP1 to Vista Ultimate x64 on my current OS (Vista Ultimate x86)?

I notice that i can't do that, message was i only can do that on a 64 bit OS

neo

neo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,251 posts
:hello: tiwet

Thank You !!!

Any way to slipstream SP1 to Vista Ultimate x64 on my current OS (Vista Ultimate x86)?

You can't do that on 32bit OS...you must have 64bit Windows OSs
such as Windows XP x64 edition, Windows Server 2003 x64 edition and Vista x64 or Windows Server 2008 x64

Siliwangi

Siliwangi
  • Members
  • 2 posts

:hello: tiwet

Thank You !!!

You can't do that on 32bit OS...you must have 64bit Windows OSs
such as Windows XP x64 edition, Windows Server 2003 x64 edition and Vista x64 or Windows Server 2008 x64

I run Vlite on WinXP Pro SP3, and i do slipstream Vista SP1 on it, it`s running normaly no error inside,only vlite warn me if run vlite on windows XP 32 bit may will make my computer crash, but no error appear. everything run normally and my vista DVD now become Vista SP1 succesfully.

Thank`s neo for your tutorial, great job ..!! :thumbup

sorry about my english, i`m Indonesian..:D

neo

neo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,251 posts
Your most :) Welcome Siliwangi !!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

How to remove advertisement from MSFN