Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

[Tutorial] Build Windows Vista SP1 x86 DVD using vLite

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
108 replies to this topic

BJFROG

BJFROG
  • 4 posts
  • Joined 27-October 07
nice tutorial thanks ,
but anyway to integrate service pack 2 into VISTA with SP1 DVD,this is a beta version ,help is appreciated,thanx.

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

ogm.k4b

ogm.k4b
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 18-November 08
I've " vista ultimate 64 bit". I installed Vlite version 1.2 but i don't have the button "slipstream". How could I do? Could somebody help me? Thanks a lot, Regards.

Edited by ogm.k4b, 18 November 2008 - 01:03 PM.

RickSteele

RickSteele

Rick Steele

• PipPip
  • 259 posts
  • Joined 13-October 04
Perhaps you may know a solution or head me in the right direction; would you please check out my thread here:

http://www.msfn.org/...howtopic=126428

Thanks in advance for any and all help-am stumped :whistle:

ady72

ady72
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 27-November 08
Hello everybody

i would like to have little infos to do the perfect copy of Vista Lite with SP1.

1 - i understand that is basical to do SLipstream of SP1 before doin any operation (add or remove) on the desired version of VIsta

2 - then when i have my version of Vista with its SP1 integrated is possible to add driver and remove some parts like languages , Speech , Tablet PC to reduce more iso amount??If yes , i must simply use the new Vista VLite versione and "re-arrange" it...isn't it??

Thanks a lot

Bye

Haruspex

Haruspex
  • 8 posts
  • Joined 31-December 07
Hi, just a quick question. How i can uninstall the Windows Imaging driver? I used the one neo provided in the rapidshare link.

I found the wimfltr.sys in the windows/system32/drivers folder, should i delete that and also the entry in autoruns?

I am asking just to be sure.

Edited by Haruspex, 27 November 2008 - 09:44 PM.

MagicAndre1981

MagicAndre1981

after Windows 7 GA still Vista lover :)

• Patrons
  • 6,027 posts
  • Joined 28-August 05

Donator

run vLite with -unwim
Posted Image

RuM_

RuM_
  • 2 posts
  • Joined 28-November 08
Hey, now i has look through the topic and trying out but only fail.

I'm trying to make it with all version in one dvd!

But there is so much question and stuff i don't understand.

Could someone plz make a guide, step by step and I mean step by step! All settings and stuff, because i dont understand this?!

I have trying this;

(The copy of my Vista dvd all versions is on my computer)

1. Open vLite - Selecting on the frontpage the dvd copy.

2. Selecting the tasks - I choose to tick Integration, Tweaks, Bootable Iso -> Enable before apply.

3. Enable Hotfix and Language.

4. Leave Tweaks as default.

5. Make ISO.

6. Restart vLite.

7. Same again just with another version until I'm finished with them all.

8. Apply (Save)
(Not Rebuild All or One)

Then it should work right? :blink:

cartmage

cartmage
  • 2 posts
  • Joined 20-December 08
Heya folks, I have done the slipstream of SP1 and tested it (working great! thanks!) I decided to go back and install every hotfix / extras I could get my hands on, as well as some drivers. The image ended up being 5.7gb but I have dual layer disks so that shouldnt be a problem right? It should still work just as well over the 4gb warning level burned to a DL disk?

neo

neo

Microsoft MVP - Windows Expert Consumer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,251 posts
  • Joined 31-March 06

Heya folks, I have done the slipstream of SP1 and tested it (working great! thanks!) I decided to go back and install every hotfix / extras I could get my hands on, as well as some drivers. The image ended up being 5.7gb but I have dual layer disks so that shouldnt be a problem right? It should still work just as well over the 4gb warning level burned to a DL disk?

Use UDF file system for DVD..it allows to burn DVD w/ more than 4 Gb file size.

Edited by neo, 21 December 2008 - 01:09 AM.

abydos

abydos
  • 3 posts
  • Joined 21-January 09
Hey there. Just starting to get to know vLite and I did all the tutorial said, but when the integration of SP1 was finished I couldn't click "Apply". The button is inactive. I thought I messed up and then I did it again but the result is the same. Only Exit and Back are active. What should I do?

Edited by abydos, 21 January 2009 - 09:00 AM.

killwithme

killwithme
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 24-January 09
hey,

will it be possible to integrate the Service Pack 2 Beta? or soon the Final RC? :)

I already tried it but vLite stopped integration because of an error...

scorpionkeith

scorpionkeith
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 12-February 09
Hi wonder if anyone can help me, can vlite be run from XP-PRO as everytime i copy Vista Disc to hardrive & then select version required as soon as i click OK the PC blue screens. Is there any workaround or do i need to do this from a vista based PC. :wacko:

synco

synco
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 20-January 09
hi there.i have a vista 32b sp1 dvd.and i wanna add some stuff like firefox or flash player,or daemon tools.is it possible to do that?

Waynerd

Waynerd
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 11-April 09
heyy um can some one help me?...i wanna make a backup vista dvd for my laptop, how can i do that with da software vlite? :hello:

condor

condor

Junior

• Pip
  • 75 posts
  • Joined 04-October 06
I have a question.

I use Vlite to integrate 76 hotfix but that stupid Vista she restart 10 time Configuring Update. I must to wait 76 restarting to finish Vista configuring all 76 updates?

Edited by condor, 11 May 2009 - 07:44 AM.

OldGrantonian

OldGrantonian

• 13 posts
  • Joined 14-May 09
I posted here by accident. I apologize.

Post moved to:
http://www.msfn.org/...howtopic=133877

Edited by OldGrantonian, 14 May 2009 - 11:57 PM.

billybag

billybag

• 12 posts
  • Joined 22-May 09
Just to clarify:

"After completion, create bootable DVD or image and get your Vista SP1 installed simultaneously. "

That simply just refers to applying the change, right? It isn't literal? As in apply the change AND install it on your current host OS?

thanks

thinkingbear

thinkingbear
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 07-August 08

Hi wonder if anyone can help me, can vlite be run from XP-PRO as everytime i copy Vista Disc to hardrive & then select version required as soon as i click OK the PC blue screens. Is there any workaround or do i need to do this from a vista based PC. :wacko:

I had the same problem. Turned out it was my Avast! Anti-Virus program. I switched to COMODO and no more problems. BUT if you want to work with 64-bit Vista you have to do it in 64-bit XP or Vista.

billybag

billybag

• 12 posts
  • Joined 22-May 09
Does anyone know if making a vLite version of Vista WITHOUT slep streaming SP1 would be the cause of a missing hall.dll error at the end//restart of an installation?

More specifically, a Dell OEM Vista.

I didnt slipstream it because i thought it is a SP0 disk, i could have been wrong.

Chileman

Chileman
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 05-June 09
Hi folks!

First off.... been using nLite for ages now and I think it's a fantastic product....hats off to everyone involved in the development of this and of course vLite. :thumbup

Am trying to use VLite for the first time. I understand that to integrate SP1 and component alteration then this is a two-step process, so initially all I am doing is attempting the integration if SP1 to my Vista (Home Premium).

I used the WAIK front end to copy the Vista DVD to a folder (and then manually copying the wimgapi.dll to the root of VLite).

I ran vLite and selected Slipstream option and pointed the file Select to my SP1 downloaded file: Windows6.0-KB936330-X86-wave1

It starts the integration but then appears to hang at about 25% Integrating. It has hung at this point for the last 24 hours and am not sure if it is still doing something or indeed has hung. The PkgMgr.exe Process in Task Manager is still running at 50%. I have a fairly high spec machine and wouldn't have though it would take this long.

Can anyone let me know indicative times for this initial process; or does it look like it has indeed crashed? (And if so, what's the fix?!)

Many thanks in advance for any help.

Cheers,
Gareth

hclarkjr

hclarkjr

• PipPip
  • 299 posts
  • Joined 21-July 04
make sure you have your anti virus as well as all other programs closed.

Cooler master HAF932, Dell 2408WFP, Gigabyte P67A-UD4 B3 REV. 1.1, Intel core I7 2600K@ 4GHZ, XIGMATEK SD-1283 Gaia, Intel X25-M G2 160GB, 16GB DDR3 1600 Gskill Ripjaws ,XFX radeon HD6950, Pioneer BDR-205, Samsung SH-S243N 24X DVD-RW, western digital black 2TB,Antec TPQ-850 850W , windows 8.1 pro X64

Pookey

Pookey

• 11 posts
  • Joined 02-April 09
I've been using nLite for years and have begun using vLite. I have successfully slipstreamed SP1 into every Vista edition and was wondering whether anybody has a workaround to get SP2 to slipstream...

Any help would be appreciated.

Pookey

steven4554

steven4554

• PipPip
  • 289 posts
  • Joined 07-May 08
Hi, you cannot slipstream SP2 with the current version of vlite.

The only way to slipstream SP2 is to do a reverse integration, here is the weblink which describes how to do this.

Or you can see it here:-

1. Install Vista SP1 to a secondary partition (not the main boot partition). The primary reason for this is one doesn't want all the boot associated files of that computer related to BCD and boot.ini being part of the final image.

2. Once in the Out of Box Experience (OOBE) after setup, type Ctrl-Shift-F3 to enter Audit mode. In case you're wondering what/where OOBE is, it is the part after setup where the user is setting up his/her username, password etc.

3. The system will then reboot into Audit mode and a Sysprep window will pop up. Do not close the Sysprep window.

4. Run the Vista SP2 standalone installer and let it do its thing.

5. After the SP2 setup is complete, you'll find yourself back at the main Vista desktop with the Sysprep window open and SP2 will be installed and ready to go. (Optional/Recommended): Microsoft has included a tool with SP2 called compcln.exe which can be used to remove older versions of components that have been upgraded to new versions in SP2 to save space. Once SP2 is installed, simply run compcln.exe via Winkey+R (Run command) or via the command prompt). Afterwards, from the Sysprep selection window, select OOBE, Generalize, and to Shut Down the system.

6. Boot the system into another OS install (ie. XP), do NOT boot back into the new Vista SP2 install, and run the following imagex command (imagex can be found in WAIK):-

imagex /compress maximum /flags "Ultimate" /capture d: c:\install.wim "Windows Vista Ultimate"

where d: is the drive Vista is installed on and c:\install.wim is the location to store the new install.wim. Replace "Ultimate" with whatever edition of Vista you installed and replace the drive letters (d: and c:\install.wim) with your own.

Also note that the "Ultimate" specified after /flags should be replaced with one of the following if another version of Vista is being captured:

HomeBasic
HomePremium
Business
Ultimate

7. Once the image has been built, replace the old install.wim in the Vista SP1 in \Sources\ with the newly created install.wim and then build a bootable ISO image with any burning software that you use.

It has to be noted that the above method is for a single edition of Vista. If one wanted to integrate SP2 into all the editions of Vista, you would have to follow Steps 1-5 for each edition and use the imagex /append function to build an install.wim that contains all the editions of Vista.

Source: WinBeta

Edited by steven4554, 06 June 2009 - 07:43 AM.

My Updates Lists for Windows 7 SP1 and Windows 8.1 Update

My desktop specs (all to be upgraded some time this year):-

CPU: AMD PhenomII X2 555 at 3.2Ghz (Upgrade to AMD FX-6300 Black Edition at 3.5Ghz)
M/B: Asus M5A87
Memory: 8GB DDR3 1333Mhz (upgrade to 16GB DDR3 1600Mhz)
HDD: 120GB SanDisk Extreme SSD (Add 1TB Seagate SSHD)
GPU: 1GB GDDR5 Nvidia GeforceGTX Ti 550

Optical: Samsung DVD-ROM and Samsung 24x DVD rewriter (Upgrade to BD-ROM and BD rewriter)

craigsn

craigsn
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 30-June 09
I get an error when I try to do this task. My vLite 1.2 stops working. I have Vista 64bit Ultimate release (no sp) on DVD and have copied it to my hard drive. I have installed vLite 1.2 to my computer. I have downloaded SP1 to my computer. When I go thru the steps mentioned here, the process starts, looks like it gets about 10% done, then craps out. The message says, "Preparing..." (for about 2 minutes), then the green bar gets to about 10%, when I get a dialog saying "vLite has stopped working. A problem caused the progrram to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available."

I have removed vLite 1.2, and reinstalled using a fresh download from a different mirror. I have tried from a different computer, with the same results, but at a later stage in the building process.

Any suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks,
Craig

steven4554

steven4554

• PipPip
  • 289 posts
  • Joined 07-May 08
I would suggest you use vlite version 1.1.6 as version 1.2 is kinda of buggy for some reason. If you haven't got it, just google it and you should be able download it from other websites.

Edited by steven4554, 07 July 2009 - 02:28 PM.

My Updates Lists for Windows 7 SP1 and Windows 8.1 Update

My desktop specs (all to be upgraded some time this year):-

CPU: AMD PhenomII X2 555 at 3.2Ghz (Upgrade to AMD FX-6300 Black Edition at 3.5Ghz)
M/B: Asus M5A87
Memory: 8GB DDR3 1333Mhz (upgrade to 16GB DDR3 1600Mhz)
HDD: 120GB SanDisk Extreme SSD (Add 1TB Seagate SSHD)
GPU: 1GB GDDR5 Nvidia GeforceGTX Ti 550

Optical: Samsung DVD-ROM and Samsung 24x DVD rewriter (Upgrade to BD-ROM and BD rewriter)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

How to remove advertisement from MSFN