Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

[Tutorial] Build Windows Vista SP1 x86 DVD using vLite

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
108 replies to this topic

Tomorrow

Tomorrow

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 375 posts
I uploaded:

http://www.2shared.c..._v116_BETA.html

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

theflyingoreo

theflyingoreo

• 12 posts
hey, i dont have enough time to read 100 replies so sorry if it has been answered. I want to ask if i press Vista Ultimate for image to configure for my AIO disk and press intergration, add Sp1 and i press apply after vlite finishes slipstreaming sp1 and click Rebuild All will it give me all editions SP1 or just Ultimate
Posted Image
Tested Builds 7000, 7100, 7264, 7600.
Beta - RC - RTM tester

HM1

HM1
  • 1 posts
Hi all,
I need to create a 'Vista Home Basic DVD' from a 'Vista Home Premium 32bit DVD', but I can't see how to do it.
On the original post in this topic it says:

How to:
1. First of all, install vLite and copy all contents of DVD into HDD folder, say F:\Vista
2. Now select the folder where Vista installation source has been copied (F:\Vista)
3. Select the edition which is to be upgraded to SP1

I have done Options 1 & 2, but I do not have option 3. "Select the edition which is to be upgraded to SP1"
Where is this option located? I assume that choosing the Vista Basic option here would enable me to do what I want.

Many thanks

HM

ar_seven_am

ar_seven_am

Junior

• Pip
  • 62 posts
Additional NOTE, please read before u asking to the moderator!!!

1. Before u start vlite, please click the option on the menu bar, change ur temporary folder to drive that have approximately 20 GB free space, don't use ur
default temp folder cuz vlite integration process need mount/extract ur windows vista image (install.wim) n the update pack (SP1).
2. If u have WAIK installed but vlite can't detect ur windows imaging driver try to copy wimgapi.dll from ur WAIK installation folder (C:\Program Files\WAIK\
Tools\x86) n copy it the root of vlite installation example c:\program files\vlite
3. Please disable anti virus programs at the service pack integration process, it may corrupt ur windows vista image.
4. If u've finish slipstreamed service pack choose tweaks (don't check anything), apply, choose rebuild one if u want only single edition (ex. Ultimate) but if
u want to keep all edition choose rebuild all, don't choose save changes only cuz it will make ur vista image larger.

Hope this will help u all especially newbie like me he3x
Se7en/Vista Unattended DVD XML Creator and Application Installer
Posted Image
Light Blue Ribbon Campaign for Freedom of Skin

I don't care ur race or religion, all I care u're friend of mine! Life's too short, don't waste ur time for war, PEACE IS NOW!

eugeneg

eugeneg
  • 2 posts
Failed. No changes were saved.

How can I establish what caused this error ? Are there log files ?
I am on a Vista Home Premium SP2 64bit PC and am trying to create a DVD for Vista Home Premium SP1 64bit.
I have changed the temporary directory to a disk with 900GB free.

I have the original Microsoft DVD with no service packs copied to a folder, I also have downloaded Windows Vista Service Pack 1 Five Language Standalone (KB936330), vLite v1.2 and WAIK (just repaired after a 1.3GB download!)

The process gets past the 'Integrating...' stage and on to the 'It is recommended to disable antivirus' stage when, at about halfway through, it gives this most unhelpful error message: 'Failed. No changes were saved'.

Thanks
Eugene.

Attached Files

MagicAndre1981

MagicAndre1981

after Windows 7 GA still Vista lover :)

• Patrons
  • 5,921 posts

Donator

don't use vLite to integrate the Sp1. use the reverse integration method to integrate Sp1 and Sp2.
Posted Image

eugeneg

eugeneg
  • 2 posts

don't use vLite to integrate the Sp1. use the reverse integration method to integrate Sp1 and Sp2.

I have just tried the same procedure on another (W7) PC with exactly the same results: "Failed. No changes were saved." Makes me wonder if I am doing something wrong or the DVD or SP1 software is corrupt.

Do you have a pointer to a reference to explain the reverse integration method please ?

Eugene.

MagicAndre1981

MagicAndre1981

after Windows 7 GA still Vista lover :)

• Patrons
  • 5,921 posts

Donator

http://www.msfn.org/...ws-vista-w-sp1/
Posted Image

Nishant

Nishant
  • 5 posts

[Tutorial] Build Windows Vista SP1 x86 DVD using vLite

Hi Everyone,

Recently Windows Vista SP1 has been released finally and it can be installed in three ways:

• Using Windows Vista SP1 pre-integrated DVD
  • Using Windows Vista SP1 Offline Update installer and
  • Via Windows Update.

But Microsoft has stated that Windows Vista SP1 pre-integrated DVD can get only Microsoft partners, Business Consumers, MSDN & Technet subscribers and Microsoft Connect users. So there are only two ways to get Vista SP1 installed, but it take long time to install SP1 and terrible to install each n every time in fresh Windows Vista RTM. To solve this problem, I would like to thank vLite Developers and Community; they have released vLite with SP slipstream support and its simple tutorial that helps to slipstream SP in Windows Vista n build your Vista SP1 DVD.

Requirements:

How to:
1. First of all, install vLite and copy all contents of DVD into HDD folder, say F:\Vista
2. Now select the folder where Vista installation source has been copied (F:\Vista)
3. Select the edition which is to be upgraded to SP1

Posted Image

4. Proceed Next and only select Service Pack Slipstream option.

Posted Image

By selecting Windows Vista SP1 offline update installer, extracting and slipstreaming process will be started and it’ll take 60-90 mins to accomplish the task.

5. After completion, create bootable DVD or image and get your Vista SP1 installed simultaneously.

(Only a single edition will be upgraded to SP1 at a time and to make complete Vista SP1….I mean, if you want to create all editions upgraded to SP1 disc. You have to follow the same process for each edition.)

NOTE: Don’t select any other option such as integration, components, tweaks etc when slip-streaming service pack. One more thing, don’t remove any component from vLited Vista image because it may cause interrupted installation.

I have slip-streamed all editions into Vista DVD and tested…all are working perfect. And It has been taken 8-10 hours….slipstreaming speed may depends upon your computer configuration.

Can i first integrate no sp1 updates only then integrate sp1 and at last add sp1 updates ?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

How to remove advertisement from MSFN