Office 2000/XP/2003/2007 Slipstreamer - Version 1.5.5 Final

mara-

• 2 weeks later...

I am new to this so bear with me... Does this program make a .iso image that i can burn to another disc with SP3 slipstreamed, like what nLite does with XP installs? Is there a guide for this program?

No, the program can not create ISO image, but next version will have support for that. And, there is no some guide. Just download program, and read Help file. If you don't understand some specific stuff, just ask.

Cheers ;)

I am new to this so bear with me... Does this program make a .iso image that i can burn to another disc with SP3 slipstreamed, like what nLite does with XP installs? Is there a guide for this program?

No, the program can not create ISO image, but next version will have support for that. And, there is no some guide. Just download program, and read Help file. If you don't understand some specific stuff, just ask.

Cheers ;)

Excellent, when is the next version going to come out?

Does this work with Office 2003 Basic Edition? I can't get it to work.

Also, this is the disc that came with my Dell PC, if that matters.

Is the workaround in the first post have any negative impacts, Product Key not valid, becomes not Genuine?

Edited by gopackgo

Does this work with Office 2003 Basic Edition? I can't get it to work.

Also, this is the disc that came with my Dell PC, if that matters.

Is the workaround in the first post have any negative impacts, Product Key not valid, becomes not Genuine?

It works with all Enterprise versions, and if you don't have that edition, follow the guide you mentioned. And no, there is no any negative impact, that will just allow you creating administrative install.

Cheers ;)

It works with all Enterprise versions, and if you don't have that edition, follow the guide you mentioned. And no, there is no any negative impact, that will just allow you creating administrative install.

Cheers ;)

Great.

On the Updates list, for Office Pro Enterprise Edition 2003, all of those updates will work with Office Basic 2003 except the Security Update for Publisher 2003 (KB946254) because there is no Publisher with basic, right?

And, if I burn the resulting slipstreamed admin install to a disc, will I have to enter the product key again, even though I already entered it when I first made the Admin install?

I know I am asking A LOT of questions, but thanks for your help so far!

Edited by gopackgo

Great.

On the Updates list, for Office Pro Enterprise Edition 2003, all of those updates will work with Office Basic 2003 except the Security Update for Publisher 2003 (KB946254) because there is no Publisher with basic, right?

All updates should work, but if some is not made for your office, slipstream for that update will fail (you will see that on log tab).

And, if I burn the resulting slipstreamed admin install to a disc, will I have to enter the product key again, even though I already entered it when I first made the Admin install?

You will not need to enter serial again.

I know I am asking A LOT of questions, but thanks for your help so far!

No problem, just ask what you don't know.

Cheers ;)

Cheers ;)

Great, so when I install Office again, it will already be activated? Is it possible to slipstream the Microsoft Office Compatibility Pack for Word, Excel, and PowerPoint 2007 File Formats with the install?

So far I've slipsteamed SP3 plus 9 hotfixes and the install has only grown by 1.5%, this program rocks!

Cheers ;)

Great, so when I install Office again, it will already be activated? Is it possible to slipstream the Microsoft Office Compatibility Pack for Word, Excel, and PowerPoint 2007 File Formats with the install?

So far I've slipsteamed SP3 plus 9 hotfixes and the install has only grown by 1.5%, this program rocks!

I'm glad that you like the program.

You can not slipstream Compatibility Pack, but you can add it to chain install (second tab) with some silent switch, and Compatibility pack will be installed after Office Installation is finished. Read more about this in help file under "Useful informations".

Cheers ;)

Edited by mara-

Ok, I think I will try the Chained Install. The Microsoft Office Compatibility Pack for Word, Excel, and PowerPoint 2007 File Formats has a service pack available, Microsoft Office Compatibility Pack Service Pack 1 (SP1). Would I do a Chained Install with the Microsoft Office Compatibility Pack for Word, Excel, and PowerPoint 2007 File Formats then the Microsoft Office Compatibility Pack Service Pack 1 (SP1), or could I somehow slipstream SP1 into the Compatibility Pack, then add the slipstreamed version to the Chained Install. Also, what is a silent switch, I am pretty new to all of this slipstreaming stuff.

After I make all of these files, I can just burn the contents of my new OFFICE11 folder to a CD then run Setup.exe from the disc and it will install right? Or do I have to use some type of ISO program?

Thanks.

Ok, I think I will try the Chained Install. The Microsoft Office Compatibility Pack for Word, Excel, and PowerPoint 2007 File Formats has a service pack available, Microsoft Office Compatibility Pack Service Pack 1 (SP1). Would I do a Chained Install with the Microsoft Office Compatibility Pack for Word, Excel, and PowerPoint 2007 File Formats then the Microsoft Office Compatibility Pack Service Pack 1 (SP1), or could I somehow slipstream SP1 into the Compatibility Pack, then add the slipstreamed version to the Chained Install. Also, what is a silent switch, I am pretty new to all of this slipstreaming stuff.

After I make all of these files, I can just burn the contents of my new OFFICE11 folder to a CD then run Setup.exe from the disc and it will install right? Or do I have to use some type of ISO program?

Thanks.

You can not slipstream SP1 to Compatibility Pack. Just add to chain install first Compatibility Pack and then SP1 for it.

Silent switch is switch which will allow you to install some software without user input, silently. When adding Compatibility Pack and SP1 for a switch choose "Custom" and the enter this:

/quiet

Cheers ;)

Wow, that was easier than I imagined.