Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

How To Emulate/run A 2+ Floppys Set At Once

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

teufel

teufel

• 42 posts
  • Joined 28-October 03
How can i run, for example NTFSdos pro v5, which is a 3 disk set or a 3.81mb cd. With a multi-boot manager, like Diskemu . So im thinking that i need an app that can either emulate (or run) ISO's or can emulate images over 2.88mb.

Anyway i need to be able to load an image over 2.88mb while using a bootable cd that will let me select from multiple boot methods (ex different floppy images)

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

gosh

gosh

gosh 2.0

• Patrons
  • 2,347 posts
  • Joined 03-October 03
I know to make 2.88 MB image you open an image, and add stuff to it. To make a great image, couldn't you use cdimage to make a bootable iso? Then put that iso in the boot menu. There was a thread once about calling an iso in an iso that said this worked.

I recommend winpe over ntfsdos, both use ntfs.sys for ntfs drive access. Winpe is more powerful, although it is much bigger.

-gosh

techtype

techtype

* Seeker of Knowledge *

• PipPip
  • 275 posts
  • Joined 18-October 03
Hey, if anyone can figure out how to boot ISO's from within an ISO, I for one would be very excited. I could never get this to work. :)

(Not multi-boot CDs, don't post about that!)

teufel

teufel

• 42 posts
  • Joined 28-October 03
gosh, where is this thread that your referencing to?

teufel

teufel

• 42 posts
  • Joined 28-October 03
I have looked all over, and i dont think that any application can emulate an iso or boot an iso from a bootable cd.... the only thing that came close was EasyBoot which suppotys booting 5.76MB/11.52MB/23.04MB floppy images. I tried using using Diskemu with the oversized images but it didnt work.

teufel

teufel

• 42 posts
  • Joined 28-October 03
I did come across

http://www.linuxgaze...ue85/sipos.html

I think its referencing to booting iso images.. but im kinda linux retarded... so if anyone wants to check it out and let me know

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users