3Ware 7000/8000 NLite driver integration - Infinite reboot loop

Pistolero

Hi all,

Has anyone been able to integrate the 3Ware Escalade 7000/8000 RAID drivers into Windows 2003 32-bit and have it boot successfully? I am getting OK through text mode setup, OK through graphic mode setup, but upon first boot into the OS proper after setup is done I get an infinite reboot loop.

It may have something to do with NLite complaining that "the parameter is incorrect" when slipstreaming the drivers...

Please help.

• 2 years later...

I have the exact same problem with AMCC 3ware 9650SE drivers. nLite actually failed to integrate the drivers properly so i've done manually. It works but after the GUI setups finishes, the second the Windows Server 2003 logo appear, it reboot.

Anyone found a solution?

Hi all,

Has anyone been able to integrate the 3Ware Escalade 7000/8000 RAID drivers into Windows 2003 32-bit and have it boot successfully? I am getting OK through text mode setup, OK through graphic mode setup, but upon first boot into the OS proper after setup is done I get an infinite reboot loop.

It may have something to do with NLite complaining that "the parameter is incorrect" when slipstreaming the drivers...

Please help.

I have the exact same problem with AMCC 3ware 9650SE drivers. nLite actually failed to integrate the drivers properly so i've done manually. It works but after the GUI setups finishes, the second the Windows Server 2003 logo appear, it reboot.

Anyone found a solution?

esarault, here is the solution for the 3Ware-LSI driver not integrating in nLite. Don't know about the reboot but need some more information. Please attach your Last Session as requested above in large bold RED letters. Also we need to know the Stop Code on the BSOD. If you have not specified in nLite Tweaks-Boot and Shutdown to Disable automatic restart on System Failure, please do so. If you can get into Safe Mode (F8 during your reboot), then go to Properties on My Computer and disable the automatically restart option. When you run nLite, always start with a fresh copy of your CD files/folders and run nLite only one time. Enjoy, John.

Thank you john!

The driver package from Fernando worked right away with nLite and it's detected in the basic blue setup of Windows. I've also checked the Disable auto restart option so I'll keep you guys posted on the development if I still encounter the error.

Thanks again!

Edited by esarault

Thank you john!

The driver package from Fernando worked right away with nLite and it's detected in the basic blue setup of Windows. I've also checked the Disable auto restart option so I'll keep you guys posted on the development if I still encounter the error.

Thanks again!

esarault, you are welcome - glad to help. Please go ahead and attach your Last Session, so we can have a look. Enjoy, John.

Just to let you know, I've managed to integrate Adaptec drivers also and 3ware drivers and it works on any of my systems.

Thanks again for the help! This is a huge time saver for me!

Edited by esarault