How to install Windoze 2000?

HTS-500

No I'm not a n00b, I can't get Win2k Advanced Server to install.

I've tried those so far:

Boot Win2k Advanced Server OEM CD - Nope, not booteable.

Copy all files to DOS formatted USB and try to start setup from there: setup.exe meant to run on Windoze, winnt.exe "Can't run the program" (no further description, it just can't run - that's almost literally what it reads, I don't remember the exact words) (What made me think this could work? Well, the fact that my BIOS has native USB drive support)

Make a DOS bootable CD and install from there: CD doesn't boot. (Not a BIOS/drive problem, I can boot Linux CDs and WindozeXP just fine)

Here are the circumstances:

-No floppy drive (laptop)

-No access to the HD from another computer (I don't have money to buy the 2.5 to 3.5" adapter... yes it's cheap, but I am a really poor underage Mexican man :whistle: )

-No real need to use Win2k, I already have XP and Linux (I'm really a Linux user, not that much into Windoze, so I'd really appreciate detailed explanations of the procedures), but I want to see how an older/server Windows OS performs on a computer that was Vista Premium from factory (burning fast, I'd think).... The point here is: Don't try to persuade me to stop trying, I'll not give up :thumbup

------

So, that said, any ideas on how to get the 2k on it? The only other solutions I've found on the web involve either a floppy (most people who have had this very exact problem ended up installing a floppy on the machine, but you can't do that on a '07 model laptop) or getting the HD to another computer (people with more cents than me)

An idea I have is to format the FAT32 partition I made for W2k with DOS, create another FAT32 partition and put there all the W2k files, then boot into DOS from the FAT32 partition, and install from the second F32 partition... Or something like that

That or, what could be causing the "Can't run this program" error? Maybe I need another version of DOS (?)

ummmm ok get nLite first.

Pray to the gods that be that your lappy maker has drivers for legacy os'es (2000 and XP) thats your #1 BIGGEST issue is the sata drivers!

If no hope that the bios has a setting to set the sata to ide emulation mode.

Now fire up nlite add all of the drivers you can get for your laptop and win2000, then use nlite to make a bootable disk, YUP it'll do it for win2k too, done hundreds of em.

If then no go gimme a call on msn at kelsenellenelvian @ hotmail.com <-- remove the spaces first. I like doing crazy shiat like this.

OK I'll try, I was keeping an eye on nLite but I thought it was only for XP/2003 :wacko:

By the way, the drivers are no problem... I got 'em all. No, the manufacturer doesn't even support XP.... I had to hunt down for ALL the drivers to install XP, and the XP drivers I got are all compatible with 2k, so I think that's no problem..

Thanks for the help :thumbup