USB Receiver driver will not update

wildbill411

I am trying to install a Logitech VX nano notebook laser mouse on my laptop and the hardware wizard wants to install/update the USB Receiver driver but it is not on the install disk or anywhere.

It shows problems with it in the device manager under "Other Devices>USB Receiver"

I have pointed to System 32 file so that it might find the usbccgp.sys driver but that is not what it wants.

I have tried uninstalling the usb receiver and then restarting to go through the add hardware wizard. I have also tried reinstalling the logitech software.

I posted on a logitech forum and they advised me to contact MS but that cost'$.

I plugged the new mouse receiver into my desktop and the mouse works right away without any drivers. Under the Device manager the mouse shows up under mice and other input devices as an HID compliant mouse.

My microsft mice's work fine on my laptop as does my camera and other usb devices such as flash drives.

any suggestions would be great.

thanks you

Don't bother calling Microsoft, it isn't a problem with their software.

OK this installation, when it is looking for that file and you have it look in system32, what comes up after that? Does it say that it can't find the file?

Don't bother calling Microsoft, it isn't a problem with their software.

OK this installation, when it is looking for that file and you have it look in system32, what comes up after that? Does it say that it can't find the file?

I do not plan on ever trying to call MS.

I am over it. I am doing a recovery right now and using the new mouse to reconfigure. I was having some other driver issues and I spent to much time trying to figure this out.

So now I am going to spends days retweaking my laptop. I suppose it will give me something to do!

thanks for the reply.