HELP: switchless WMP11 custom addon...

benjamminzIS

I'm sorry if this is wrong forum area to post this question, if so Mods please move to proper forum!

I am trying to build a custom wmp11 switchless installer for svcpack (t-13) installation. This is not something I want to distribute publicly, but will offer it to anyone interested. I already fully understand how to build a 7z switchless installer, but what I don't know is how to properly build this one because it is somewhat "layered." As in that when you extract the installer that you get from MS Download you get a folder with these two files (among others) in it. wmp11.exe and wmfdist11.exe.

For wmp11.exe I am extracting and replacing wmploc.dll with a vista customized one and wmplayer.exe also with a vista customized one, and finally replacing wmp.dll with one from a service pack update (sorry don't remember the KB######). when repackaging this exe how do I go about it? does it need to be a 7z switchless which calls the update.exe in the wmp11.exe\update folder via the config.txt or should setup_wm.exe be called with/without a switch, or other/none?

For wmfdist11.exe I am extracting and replacing these dlls:

cewmdm.dll

drmv2clt.dll

mspmsp.dll

msscp.dll

portabledevicewmdrm.dll

qasf.dll

wmadmoe.dll

wmasf.dll

wmdrmnet.dll

wmdrmsdk.dll

wmnetmgr.dll

wmspdmoe.dll

wmvcore.dll

wpdmtpdr.dll

wpdmtpus.dll

with the updated ones from the various KB hotfixes and then need to repackage this exe also, same question on this one. Package as SFX or a switchless 7z installer?

Finally how to repackage the main exe that contains these two repackaged files and the others from the original MS Download exe?

I really appreciate your help, and again sorry if this was posted in wrong place!

Thanks in advance!!!

_benjammin

benjamin

if u unpack wmp11.exe and wmfdist11.exe and then u want to repack them....it will fail for a very simple reason: u update some files with others that are not recognized by the update.exe from each pack (update.exe calls the .cat file included inside). in other words those files u update will not be recognized as signed by microsoft and process will be stoped.

if u want to make a silent pack u have to run everything separatelly from svcpack or runonce.