Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Win Server 2008 and AMD Dual Core

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

tonykeller

tonykeller
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 17-April 08
As I understand it, to be able to run VMWare and take advantage of HyperVisor tech, if you have an AMD dual core that is 3800 or up is all that it takes. I have read that it is a bit more complex than just the processor if you run an Intel Based system.

Can anyone confirm this from experience. I am considering upgrading to a Dual Core from AMD. It seems cheaper and less involved than dealing with Intel chips and certain motherboards as well.

Thanks and any advice will be appreciated.

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

cluberti

cluberti

Gustatus similis pullus

• Supervisor
  • 11,252 posts
  • Joined 09-September 01
All you need is to make sure the processor supports AMD virtualization, and is a stepping F2 or F3 (F3 is better, if you can find one). That's it.
MCTS Windows Internals, MCITP Server 2008 EA, MCTS MDT/BDD, MCSE/MCSA Server 2003, Server 2012, Windows 8
--------------------
Please read the rules before posting!
Please consider donating to MSFN to keep it up and running!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

How to remove advertisement from MSFN