Compilation of Creative Sound Blaster Live! drivers for Windows 9x

Eck, what's the total size of the CD?

Perhaps you could create a spanned archive of less than 100MB chunks (one per upload)?

You could try the upload site I use: http://www.skyupload.com

I've found it to be reliable, however they remove the upload if no one downloads it for 90 days...

I would be interested in looking at that CD...

Edited by RetroOS

• 2 weeks later...

Just got back here after a month of attempting a taxicab driving adventure. Took all my time, didn't make money, gave me heat-stroke and dehydration. Recovering now, but need to be job hunting.

I'll dig out the cd and check out the possibilities when I have some time. Of course I'll report here on where it is if I manage to upload it.

http://www.mininova.org/tor/1707836

I created an iso from the cd, created a torrent file, and uploaded the torrent file to the above website.

Since my ISP (Comcast) upload speed is just a home user type speed, this will be really slow to download unless lots of folks download and seed it.

I'll keep my computer turned on and seeding for a few days now. Maybe someone can get the file and post it as Rar archives? I did it this way since it was all free of charge. But at least it is there so please, if interested, go ahead and get it with a Torrent client like uTorrent, BitTorrent, whatever. I'm using KTorrent on Debian Linux to upload it.

If there's a better free way then let me know. If I get a power failure, brownout, then I'll turn on the computer again and continue seeding. Unless of course I'm not home at the time. If not I'll just turn the computer back on and seeding the torrent as soon as I get home again.

Edit -

http://www.msfn.org/board/Creative-SBLive-...30-t122191.html

I put some trackers to add on my other thread there in case the one I used in the torrent isn't working. The denis.stalker one is one that my torrent client reported to work.

So far, no activity as far as folks downloading the iso has been showing up in my seeding torrent client.

I hope someone will at least attempt to download this, at least to see if I set this thing up properly. But be sure to add the other trackers to the list as I don't think the one in the torrent is working all the time.

Edit -

I'm trying to upload the iso to FileFront. Hope it works. I'll keep you posted. Seems the torrent download couldn't make a connection for a poster at the Creative SoundBlaster forum who tried it. He suggested FileFront.

Edit -

Okay, it's been uploaded:

DELETED (file no longer there)

Go ahead and check it out.

Edit -

Got an email warning me of the file being removed because of inactivity. I just let it slide. It was up for a while so I hope anyone interested got it.

Edited by Eck

• 2 months later...

RE - your link:

http://skyupload.com/15THSPJSB2T5/sblive.zip (4.42 MiB)

Thanks for the drivers, but this link does not seem to have sblive.zip loaded on skyupload.

I would really like to try them as I have just obtained a SB Live! CT4780. Apparently these are installed in Dell computers with drivers that they use. I could not locate it !

Regards

Anton

Thanks for the drivers, but this link does not seem to have sblive.zip loaded on skyupload.

Fixed!

Hi RetroOS

Sorry, I got the download fine. I erroneously linked to the old original link that you posted. Got it this time.

Thanks once again, it is a Godsend after all drivers available on the web that don't quite do the job properly.

Anton

Edited by AntonS

• 1 month later...
I have my onboard sound back, but i guess its impossible for someone to make a driver for sound blaster audigy se 7.1, model number SB0570?

I also have the same card, just under a different name: Sound Blaster Audigy Value

The box says it only works with Windows 2000 SP4 and Windows XP.

I hope someone could write win9x drivers for it. That would be really cool.

Paul

• 2 weeks later...

Updated: December 17, 2008

Thanks to Eck, for the following additions:

- Added Pure DOS Drivers 2000 release

- Added official support for SB0100 - PCI\VEN_1102&DEV_0002&SUBSYS_80621102 (INF change only)

- Added official support for SB0102 - PCI\VEN_1102&DEV_0002&SUBSYS_80641102 (INF change only)

See First post.

Ha! It's taken me four months to finally look through the drivers Eck uploaded!

Just goes to show how busy/disconnected/uninterested/disillusioned/vacant/bored (you choose) I've been lately!

Anyway, a big thanks :thumbup to Eck for the drivers. Actually some of the VxD files were older, but there was some good INF material to use!

And finally I've acquired a newer Pure DOS SB16 Emulation driver set for the Live! :w00t: (however, there is an even newer 2001 release somewhere...)

FYI, I'm still looking at Audigy drivers.

I've got a 2003 set of VxD drivers for Live!/Audigy, but they remove a lot of old functionality.

This causes some of the demo apps like SBLive! Experience and others to no longer work.

The driver structure is totally different and would require a complete removal of the current drivers and applets before installing.

I'll probably only include them for the Audigy series since the Live! part of the drivers changes too much.

Stay tuned... B)

Edited by RetroOS

• 3 weeks later...
Updated: December 17, 2008

Thanks to Eck, for the following additions:

- Added Pure DOS Drivers 2000 release

- Added official support for SB0100 - PCI\VEN_1102&DEV_0002&SUBSYS_80621102 (INF change only)

- Added official support for SB0102 - PCI\VEN_1102&DEV_0002&SUBSYS_80641102 (INF change only)

I'm looking for a Win98se driver for SB Live 0200. Bought this thing used, tried it at work and it worked fine there. Took it home and found it didn't work here, because 1, at work we run XP, and 2, it's a Dell OEM card and at work we have Dells, whereas here it's a homebrew system (Abit BH6 based).

The registry key is HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Enum\PCI\VEN_1102&DEV_0006&SUBSYS_10031102&REV_00 for the sound card, and HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Enum\PCI\VEN_1102&DEV_7004&SUBSYS_10031102&REV_00 for the PCI input controller. Both of these show up with yellow !'s in the device manager.

I can't find this driver anywhere; even the ones that say they're for this don't work. I still have my old Turtle Beach Montego II Quadzilla, but I figured I'd try this one here, and it's getting very frustrifying.

Anybody know what I can do with this? (yeah I know, what a straight line...) :rolleyes:

Thanks, Shalom

• 2 weeks later...
These drivers

They might say 2000/XP, but the drivers appear to work on Windows 98SE as they are WDM drivers which don't have a 2000/XP only header.

the_guy

Wouldn't install.

First thing I got was an error ""Unhandled Exception" / Error number 0x80070725 / Description: Incompatible version of the RPC stub. /

Setup will now terminate.

So I figured out how to fix that (replace oleaut32.dll with correct version). Now the file unpacks a self-extracting EXE, which starts Install Shield, which then dies silently. No error message, no nothing, it just disappears.

Any idea how these drivers can be manually installed w/o help from InstallShield?

• 1 month later...

MDGx,

I think the iso you mean is the sb_install.iso I had on filefront until they deleted it due to inactivity. The OP apparently got hold of it since he added some of the files and inf stuff to his 1st post and thanked me.

I am currently uploading it again to filefront. I think it will be able to be accessed once done from my file page there:

http://hosted.filefront.com/dahveed3/

Since they remove it automatically and you have offered to host stuff, I hope you can get it from there and offer it from your site on a more permanent basis.

As I've said, it's the install cd included in the retail Creative SB0100 box. You may want to add to your description that it, by default, installs WDM drivers on 98SE and Me. If one wants it to install the VXD drivers, and thereby include the full Creative MS-DOS driver in DOS and Windows, it needs to be copied to the hard drive and the following change needs to be made:

Right click on the/Audio\/english/Setup/AUDIO.INI file, choose Properties, and uncheck Read Only.

Open AUDIO.INI in notepad and change the following:

[Drivers]

98SEWDM = 1 to 98SEWDM = 0

MEWDM = 1 to MEWDM = 0

Save and Close Notepad, then right click it and in Properties check Read Only again.

Then to install run /Ctrun/Ctrun.exe but if that doesn't startup properly then run /Audio/English/Setup/Setup.exe

Note that since this retail SB0100 did not come with a LiveDrive, Creative did not include Remote Center on the cd at all so even though the driver probably contains the files there is no software provided for it. But it does contain a full set of LiveWare that is more up to date on software and drivers than the older cd's and web releases ever contained for the VXD setup of things.

Users should download the latest PlayCenter package from the Creative Download Legacy site and upgrade the version of PlayCenter the cd installs. That's what I used to do.

They should also go into Control Panel - Multimedia Properties, and in the Audio Codecs section choose the Creative ctmp3 codec and in Properties choose not to use that codec in this profile. That way it won't interfere with the Windows Media Player mp3 codec and cause system freezes such as when running Themes and Windows Startup sounds. The old fix was to delete or rename the codec itself but this works just as well and doesn't mess up the registry in the process.

That torrent never seemed to be able to work for some reason but hopefully you can get the iso from filefront once it is finished uploading.

Edited by Eck