Compilation of Creative Sound Blaster Live! drivers for Windows 9x

When i use the driver pack, from the first page, my pc hangs while trying to install "Creative SB16 Emulation".

I have a sb live value type.

I also have a Sound Blaster Live! Value Gen II. When I tested the "Main Driver Set", I found that using the installer would cause installation problems. To avoid that, I simply went to Device Manager and pointed the sound card to the directory when I have the drivers extracted.

Then, there are two iso's on mgmx's download page - what is the difference between them?

I've examined a number of files from that MDGx's Sound Blaster page, but not all of them. I can tell you that you don't need either of those "Value" ISOs as they're the original CDs which are very outdated, and may be card specific (there are multiple SBLive! Values). There is a better way if you're looking to get full functionality from your card. Download the much more recent SB_Live!Ware_3.0_CD_ISO from that page. This is not card specific, so it should work with Gen I and Gen II cards, just not the Gen III 5.1 series. It will install the complete line of apps and drivers. You do not need the update that comes with it. After that, install RetroOS's package to update the core drivers using the method I mentioned above. If you decide to try this, report back if it worked for you.

• 2 months later...

Hi, please suggest the right sound driver for native dos 6.22 or windows 98 dos.

Thanks.

I have install dos 6.22 on dell dimension 8300

it has DELL oem SoundBlaster Live 5.1 Digital PCI SoundCard (sb0200)

hardware id is PCI\VEN_1102&DEV_0006&SIBSUS_10031102&REV_00\4&1C660DD6&0&10F0

The following config.sys, autoexec.bat and driver info but it does not work.

config.sys --------

device=himem.sys

device=emm386.exe noems

device=AHCI.SYS /D:sata

device=UIDE.SYS /D:gen

devicehigh=ansi.sys

files=10

buffers=10

dos=high,umb

stacks=9,256

lastdrive=z

BREAK=ON

autoexec.bat ------------

MSCDEX.EXE /D:sata /D:gen

doskey.com /insert

mouse.com

set sndscape=c:\pci128

set blaster=A220 I5 D1 T2

c:\pci128\apinit.com

Edited by illusions

• 1 month later...
but instantly after clicking setup.exe an error message occured "not enough free space" (there are a few GBs of free space!)
I'm running into this same problem. I even tried filling the drive to capacity, and switching the TEMP and TMP variables to point to a smaller drive. What's the solution? It's a 32-bit SETUP.EXE, so MKCOMPAT shouldn't do anything.

I have a CT4810, but I haven't tried playing with the Windows drivers yet.

EDIT: Can ANYONE reading this successfully run the setup program in sbldos2.zip ? It occurs to me the whole setup package might be missing some vital component.

EDIT2: Of course, the fact that the CT4810 is an Ensoniq AudioPCI and not an SB Live! might have something to do with it too. :whistle:

Edited by Jorpho

• 7 months later...

but instantly after clicking setup.exe an error message occured "not enough free space" (there are a few GBs of free space!)

I'm running into this same problem. I even tried filling the drive to capacity, and switching the TEMP and TMP variables to point to a smaller drive. What's the solution? It's a 32-bit SETUP.EXE, so MKCOMPAT shouldn't do anything.

EDIT: Can ANYONE reading this successfully run the setup program in sbldos2.zip ? It occurs to me the whole setup package might be missing some vital component.

I can verify that it did fail in the same ways for me as for you guys, so it looks like it's broken. However i got my OEM Soundblastar Live SB0100 working in DOS (FreeDOS) with these drivers http://www.driverguide.com/driver/detail.php?driverid=255275 and a small help from this http://www.mdgx.com/newtip18.htm#DGSBL

Wish you best of luck, I'm off for some Sierra retrogaming on REAL HARDWARE! :)

Edited by Anohitono

• 1 year later...

I was searching the web for any info regarding Diamond Xtreme Sound 5.1 (XS51) PCI audio card and whether or not there are win-98 drivers for it. During that search I came across this web page:

http://www.flaterco.com/kb/audio/PCI/

I did a google search for "flaterco.com" on site msfn.com and found only 2 hits - both of them pointing to this:

http://www.flaterco.com/kb/W98.html (Installing Windows 98 SE on a P4 PC)

So I figured that flaterco.com must not be well known as a win-98 resource, and particularly the audio/pci page, so I'm leaving it here in case anyone can use it.

I do have a Diamond Xtreme driver and it's actually installed on my 98SE machine. Apparently it also works for generic C-Media CMI 8738 sound cards, because mine is one of those and the driver works just fine.

Actually I have a whole bunch of drivers from Diamond Multimedia, downloaded sometime in April 2009, one of them (Diamond DT-588) listing NT4.0/95/98/ME/2000/XP compatibility.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, Thanks for the drivers compilation, It's a great place to get the SB drivers, that are very difficult to get, because Creative it's an awful company in post-sales support.

I want to make my contribution and I modified the SB Live VxD compilation, to include the SB Live! 5.1 SB0105

SB0105 - SBLive! 5.1 (PCI\VEN_1102&DEV_0002&SUBSYS_806B1102)

Here it is the file:

https://mega.co.nz/#!gRcl1bJR!-of34Z21EdVUW6FY_FZyPVa320q4gZOjbFY7JGenqo4

I modified the file VSB010X.inf adding the ID of the sb0105, I tested and iIt worked perfectly.

The modification creates the only driver in VxD format for the SB0105 available in the internet.

Edit: My SB Live! 5.1 have written SB0100, but in reality is the SB0105, please check your vendor and Hardware ID

Edited by Maxtrix

Hello Forum :-)

which Driverpackage will i need to download to install the correct DOS drivers? I already tried

sbldos.zip: Pure DOS Drivers 1999 Release and

sbldos2.zip: Pure DOS Drivers 2000 Release

I tried the AudioHQ and the SB DOS drivers from the first post.  That files gave me the same problems as you "Not enough space" and "the installation of uninstaller failed".

I used this DOS driver for the audigy 1 (from vogons), and it worked for me https://mega.co.nz/#!4UFEGRBL!8NhQuJOI3oz5nNkErmSA-H5gvAIL4CSGD2mtrHoS91k

I need an audio HQ for the VxD drivers.

• 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 9 months later...

Hey there. 

I recently got a Sound Blaster Live! CT4780. I have searched the internet trying to find some drivers to get this working on Windows 98SE. I got it working on XP but still no luck on 98. I can't even keep track of everything I've downloaded.

If someone could point me in the direction of the exact steps I need to take to get this to work I would be very appreciative!

Thanks!

• 1 month later...