Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Avira Antivir 8 Free - complete silent and unattended!

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

cool400

cool400

Junior

• Pip
  • 72 posts
  • Joined 08-November 05
I have made a script that downloads the newest Antivir 8-programfiles and definitions and creates an always up-to-date, complete silent, self-installing 7Zip-SFX-archive for the use with WPI, ComfortInstaller or simply manual installation.

Additionally you can choose to create an nLite-Addon - I think it will also work with RyanVM-Integrator (but I don't use it, so test it out yourself ;))

You can choose where Antivir should be installed and where your Windows is installed (needed for the TEMP-files)!

Simply download the script here and start it anywhere. After the script has finished you will find your SFX/Addon in the folder where you started if from!

I would be glad about your feedback :)

Best regards

cool400 :ph34r:

EDIT: script-date 24/04/2008, MD5-checksum: BE840FC262B1264EE35F4F6077DEBF70

Edited by cool400, 24 April 2008 - 06:36 AM.

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

cool400

cool400

Junior

• Pip
  • 72 posts
  • Joined 08-November 05
Please re-download the script - there was an error if you don't had 7-Zip installed!

Best regards

krwilson

krwilson

• 29 posts
  • Joined 05-March 05
Had downloading issues, but it just downloaded finally, thanks and I look forward to testing it

Edited by krwilson, 24 April 2008 - 09:45 AM.

moongoon

moongoon

• 11 posts
  • Joined 17-January 07
Worked on a basic XP Pro system for me. I'm baffled at how cool this little utility is. One could distribute the means for making a silent isntaller without actually "distributing" the software product - so you don't mess with anyone's licensing terms. Awesome and works. Thanks!

cool400

cool400

Junior

• Pip
  • 72 posts
  • Joined 08-November 05
@moongoon

Thanks for the flowers :)

Right now I'm looking for a way to build an Addon-Maker for AVG 8 Free Edition with up-to-date virus-definitions - maybe I've got some results in the nearest future!

Best regards

cool400 B)

krwilson

krwilson

• 29 posts
  • Joined 05-March 05
Your work is great, setup and tested it.............works flawlessly. Had wanted to try AVIRA and using your great program made it very good, thanks!!!!

r0sWell

r0sWell

• PipPip
  • 179 posts
  • Joined 09-June 04
the only word 'WOW' can resume this tool :-)

it's simply really cool to automate the Silent Installator that way, plus up-to-date !

thx a lot
| i want to believe |

cool400

cool400

Junior

• Pip
  • 72 posts
  • Joined 08-November 05
Thanks a lot, r0sWell, for your compliments :)

I'm not a coder-guy, I simply grabbed all the stuff I've seen a while ago - e.g. ricktendo64's WinRAR-Addon-Maker - and some basic-knowledge from my BartPE-experience (I developed some plugins for this great project in the past) and hoped, you may like this tool!

Best regards and happy weekend

cool400 B)

cyberyeye

cyberyeye

• PipPip
  • 145 posts
  • Joined 19-March 05
Indeed ! Very good script :-)

But.... (Yes there's a little but)

Executable don't works at all.... with an unattended xp installation during runonceex nothing is installed :blink: (runonceex = first gui logon after OOBE). This is really strange ! Maybe this is due to Temp directory or something like this (i said this but i've not verified only pure suggestion not verified lol)

The same executable works fine in xp for "usual" installation by doing a double click (that's why i think after OOBE / Runonceex.cmd: Temp dir or something like this screw the installation)

Any idea ?

ps: sorry for my bad english :whistle:

cool400

cool400

Junior

• Pip
  • 72 posts
  • Joined 08-November 05
Could you please tell me what you're doing to include Antivir 8 in your setup-process?

I would be glad if someone can cofirm if the Antivir-addon works for her/him while the Windows XP-setup!

Best regards

gkar

gkar

• PipPip
  • 104 posts
  • Joined 03-December 06

Could you please tell me what you're doing to include Antivir 8 in your setup-process?

I would be glad if someone can cofirm if the Antivir-addon works for her/him while the Windows XP-setup!

Best regards

I tried it with nLite and it crashed with a blue screen at T-13, WinXP SP2. Tried the silent installer repacked with a different .cab maker, same thing, blue screen crash at T-13 . Installs fine from windows desktop. Will try again with WinXP SP3.

Nice program though.
"Now that I'm dying I've never felt better!"
In Memory of Andreas Katsulas 1946-2006

amadeus1982

amadeus1982
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 16-May 08

I tried it with nLite and it crashed with a blue screen at T-13, WinXP SP2. Tried the silent installer repacked with a different .cab maker, same thing, blue screen crash at T-13 . Installs fine from windows desktop. Will try again with WinXP SP3.

the same for me.
packed a .7z addon for nlite
integrated into a XP SP3 iso

BSOD at T-13 :-(

i had the same error with the addon from rado345 here

http://www.msfn.org/...008-t85566.html

cyberyeye

cyberyeye

• PipPip
  • 145 posts
  • Joined 19-March 05
Hello cool400 !

I've reused your script for building a new exe without changing anything of course using "C drive and C:\Program files")
then tested an installation into Vbox (virtualbox) with the usual stuff (roe.cmd...)
(all others elements of roe is installed perfectly! this is not a problem with my roe script)

It still don't works erf ! Avira is not installed at all, and installer lauch/shutdown immediatly !

Of course after ROE logon, in explorer I've installed it successfully by double clicking on the file lol

cmdow @ /HID
@echo off

FOR %%i IN (D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T) DO IF EXIST %%i:\WIN51IP.SP3 SET CDROM=%%i:

SET KEY=HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnceEx

REG ADD %KEY% /V TITLE /D "Software Installation" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\010 /VE /D "Avira 8 PE" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\010 /V 1 /D "%cdrom%\Soft\Avira\AV8_Silent.exe" /f

blabla...

Very strange ! Maybe something with Temp destination... is not working ?

Anyway great script but sadly unusefull in a xp unattend install using ROE...
I hope you'll find a solution to this :thumbup

cyberyeye

cyberyeye

• PipPip
  • 145 posts
  • Joined 19-March 05
Up ^^

In my previous test I create the installer package (using your script) with XPSP3 installed on D: drive (using D:\Temp\Antivir8_AOM.exe for creating the installer) and using options:

C:\Program files
C:\Windows

This don't work, I don't know why... Maybe installer creating on "D drive"... become broken if preconfigured with C Drive and build with D partition ?

So I used the script in C:\Temp INTO a virtual machine (xpsp3) with Virtualbox.

C:\Temp\Antivir8_AOM.exe
and choosing "C:\Program files & C:\Windows", as usual... then I've test ROE installation by putting this into registry:
(after this close and relaod your session or reboot for testing the ROE installation)

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnceEx\01]
"01"="C:\\\\Temp\\\\AV8_Silent.exe"

And... its working ^^

So I mean if using your script to install Avira PE on "C Drive", installer should be create on "C Drive" too, don't ask me why, I don't know, but it works lol

Hope this help ^^

PS: I've not tested any addon installer... I'm not using it.

Xaneth

Xaneth

• 11 posts
  • Joined 01-April 04
This rules on high above all that which does not suck! Only thing I had trouble with was my AVG resident shield blocked AVGSilent.exe at the end!

Edit: I too am getting the BSOD.

Edit: OK, I got it to work by using runonce. Good grief, I didn't even read the post that close, for some reason I thought it was AVG 8! Google search. Well, this AV looks decent...

Edited by Xaneth, 18 June 2008 - 10:21 PM.

skavenger

skavenger

Master of Tools

• Pip
  • 55 posts
  • Joined 19-October 05
He he,

looks very nice.

But....

is it possible to use systemvariables for paths like %programfiles% and %windir% instead of full paths?

Because. I've made a silent installer with your tool and stored it on my DVD. Sometimes the paths on the system where i want to install it differ to the paths i uses while creating silent installer.

TIA
SkAvEnGeR

Killgore

Killgore

• 32 posts
  • Joined 28-September 04

is it possible to use systemvariables for paths like %programfiles% and %windir% instead of full paths?

Hi!

Yes, it's possible ;). I've made some changes to the script, because I've had the same problems. To use modified version you have to extract original package (Antivir8_AOM.exe) with 7zip or winrar and replace runonce.bat and config.txt with files from attached zip archive.

Changes:

- script is completely unattended. I like it better this way – it's easier to use for me. If you want German version you have to change avfile variable to antivir_workstation_winu_de_h.exe in runonce.bat (or you can parametrize it). As a consequence nlite addon support is removed.

- Avira files (antivir_workstation_winu_en_h.exe and ivdf_fusebundle_nt_en.zip) are kept in script directory – it feels "cleaner" for me ;)

- during installation installer is temporarily unpacked to %SystemRoot%\Temp\Avira and Avira is installed to %programfiles%\avira

- temporary folder is deleted after installation

Kudos to cool400 for original work.

Regards,
Chris

Attached Files

skavenger

skavenger

Master of Tools

• Pip
  • 55 posts
  • Joined 19-October 05
Hi Killgore,

thanks for this easy and quick solution.

I can't test it a.t.m., because i'm in vacancies.... :)

After final testing i will give you a feedback.

Greetz

skavenger

skavenger

Master of Tools

• Pip
  • 55 posts
  • Joined 19-October 05
Hi Killgore,

Thank you for this one.

I have test it now.

I have updated these two files -but now it works different.

After running "Antivir8_AOM.exe" it unpacks itself an thats is. The script-window appears for 2 seconds. I must start the script "runonce.bat" manually. Then it works.

No idea why. Trying to add the "tempmode"-Parameter in WinRAR was not working.
After creating silent package the script ends and leave all files.
What is the best way to fix this?

Thanks in advance
SkAvEnGeR

Killgore

Killgore

• 32 posts
  • Joined 28-September 04
Hi Skavenger!

I have updated these two files -but now it works different.

After running "Antivir8_AOM.exe" it unpacks itself an thats is. The script-window appears for 2 seconds. I must start the script "runonce.bat" manually. Then it works.

I think we have a little misunderstanding here. If you have extracted Antivir8_AOM.exe with 7zip or winrar, and replaced these two files from my zip archive you don’t use Antivir8_AOM.exe again because it will overwrite files you have just replaced (with original versions).
Yes, you have to run runonce.bat manually because that’s what Antivir8_AOM.exe normally does – it extracts itself to temporary directory and runs runonce.bat.

After creating silent package the script ends and leave all files.
What is the best way to fix this?

It doesn’t leave all the files – it keeps only files it will reuse during next run.

So, there is nothing to fix – you only have to run runonce.bat I’ve provided and use AV8_Silent.exe to install Avira.

If you want it as one exe file you will have to add some cleaning stuff to runonce.bat and repack Antivir8_AOM.exe with new files. I haven’t done this because I can’t attach file this big to the post. Besides, I like it better with all used files already extracted in one directory :) .

Regards,
Chris
Regards,
Chris

biatche

biatche

• PipPip
  • 194 posts
  • Joined 23-November 05
does anyone know if antivir free / personal edition has automatic updates?

Sammy20

Sammy20

• 38 posts
  • Joined 14-January 04
This batch script is awesome, been using it for a while.

Just recently it stopped working. Keeps saying connection timed out. Anyone know of a updated server?

EDIT: note that I've been using the updated script in post #17 by Killgore.

Edited by Sammy20, 28 October 2008 - 06:40 AM.

ZileXa

ZileXa

Friend of MSFN

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 767 posts
  • Joined 27-May 04
Can anyone confirm the created installer will install correctly at T13 (using RunOnceEx, so not at first GUI login but before)?

maam2

maam2
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 08-November 08

I have made a script that downloads the newest Antivir 8-programfiles and definitions and creates an always up-to-date, complete silent, self-installing 7Zip-SFX-archive for the use with WPI, ComfortInstaller or simply manual installation.

Additionally you can choose to create an nLite-Addon - I think it will also work with RyanVM-Integrator (but I don't use it, so test it out yourself ;))

You can choose where Antivir should be installed and where your Windows is installed (needed for the TEMP-files)!

Simply download the script here and start it anywhere. After the script has finished you will find your SFX/Addon in the folder where you started if from!

I would be glad about your feedback :)

Best regards

EDIT: script-date 24/04/2008, MD5-checksum: BE840FC262B1264EE35F4F6077DEBF70

Please cool400 I can't download from the link provided :wacko: I tried several times but no luck
I even used an other computer but no help , any one can mirror this file cause without it the script is of no use.
Anyway very thanks for your efforts

Edited by maam2, 09 November 2008 - 03:23 AM.

cyberyeye

cyberyeye

• PipPip
  • 145 posts
  • Joined 19-March 05

Please cool400 I can't download from the link provided wacko.gif I tried several times but no luck

Links still works fine !

Anyway, i've upload it here (same file no mod at all)
http://rapidshare.co...r8_AOM.exe.html

Take a look at updated script in post #17 by Killgore

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users