Building Multiple OSs with nLite

JerichoJones

Any chance we could change the default location of the LAST_SESSION.INI to be the OS build directory instead of nLite's installation directory? I am trying to manage multiple builds and sometimes I forget to load the INI file from the OS build location.

Edited by JerichoJones

• 2 weeks later...

He wants a choice wether nLites ALWAYS shows previous ini files from the nLite\presets\ folder or from the working directory.

I don't think it's a usefull option as anyway, you have to choose the ini so you have to know where it is. Also if you have a list of more than one ini, you should normally know that you are in the nLite\preset\ directory and so not be confused. Unless you also keep a history of ini's on your media.

One more thing, working from a CD on an other computer will have you use paths that are not present (drivers paths for instance). Anyway...

Any chance we could change the default location of the LAST_SESSION.INI to be the OS build directory instead of nLite's installation directory? I am trying to manage multiple builds and sometimes I forget to load the INI file from the OS build location.

I second that! I am having the same problem.

• 2 weeks later...

When doing multiple builds nLite is difficult to manage because it uses the presets directory AND the LAST_SESSION.INIs cannot be distinguished except by date/time. I don't know about you guys but I can't remember the date and time that I worked on my WinXP build as opposed to my Win2K3 build. If the LAST_SESSION.INI was read from the OS build directory upon loading it would solve the problem. I don't understand how people creating multiple builds could think that using nLite\presets directory is a better idea. Please enlighten me. :blushing:

If LAST_SESSION.INI was appended with the OS build directory name that would be helpful if nlite\presets must persist.