removed printer support > how to get it back without reisntalling w

Sesshoumaru

I made a super slim windows xp for my girldfirends pc which is old, and has little space available, and removed a lot of stuff, printer support being one, cause her printer is broken and mine is much better.

now, she installed MGI photo suit (she had a version for windows 98 that she liked for editing/modifing digital photos), and it ASKs for a printer to be installed for MANY functions.... so, reinstall or re add the printer support :P

any help will save me a lot of work :P

1. find a installation disc with no change

2. extract all the file in driver.cab, sp2.cab to a folder and copy the NTPRINT.inf(like this name) to the same folder

3. when Windows XP asks you to install a driver, choose "find the driver manually"(can not remember the name exactly), and locate the directory to the folder above and let the system search the drivers automatically.

4. If a correct driver is found, the system will install the driver or the required driver is not a printer driver

1. find a installation disc with no change

2. extract all the file in driver.cab, sp2.cab to a folder and copy the NTPRINT.inf(like this name) to the same folder

3. when Windows XP asks you to install a driver, choose "find the driver manually"(can not remember the name exactly), and locate the directory to the folder above and let the system search the drivers automatically.

4. If a correct driver is found, the system will install the driver or the required driver is not a printer driver

ill give it a shot tomorow.

hope it works (ill have to manually plug the printer, since going to the printers and faxes page, offers only to add cameras or similar, no printers).

thx 4 now

Edited by Sesshoumaru