Windows 2008 .. Cant install after vlite.. No comp's removed!

banshee28

First, I know that vlite does not support removing Components from Server 2008. So I made sure I was not even checking the box to remove any components. I simply did a few tweaks and the unattended option. Upon trying to install in vmware, I keep getting this error: Windows cannot determine which language to install. Tried 5 or more builds of vlite with 32 and 64 bit standard builds but each one does the same.

Then I tried the full iso I have without using vlite. Worked perfect right away.

Any idea what is causing this? I want to test out Server 2008 and compare it to my vlite'd vista sp1!!

Thanks

Sounds like language issue. Did you integrate any Language Packs?

Also if you use your own autounattend.xml you might try vLite's Unattended page instead.

Edited by nuhi

Also if you use your own autounattend.xml you might try vLite's Unattended page instead.

Hey Nuhi, i used no language packs, no drivers, etc, and no comp removals...Tried the iso by itself and it went fine, but with vlite it had this issue. I will try another one with NO mods other than the unattended and see what happens.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Nuhi, i used no language packs, no drivers, etc, and no comp removals...Tried the iso by itself and it went fine, but with vlite it had this issue. I will try another one with NO mods other than the unattended and see what happens.

Tried a working iso and used vlite with only the unattended and iso creation and it does the same thing. x32 and x64 standard core.

Tried on a vm and a pc with same result

Nuhi, first I thought this might be related to my new Vista x64 vlited build I was using to create this new iso. So I used my nlited xp PC to vlite this new Server 2k8 iso and it did the same thing! The original iso works fine without vlite? Weird?

Maybe I need to run it on a non - v|n lited machine?

Tried the Server x64 with just tweaks and unattended and it was fine.

Host should not matter. Your unattended language settings are somehow broken, don't know why.

Did you maybe integrate some hotfixes?

Tried the Server x64 with just tweaks and unattended and it was fine.

Host should not matter. Your unattended language settings are somehow broken, don't know why.

Did you maybe integrate some hotfixes?

Hey nuhi, I must have had a bad iso or something because now I have a known good one and its WORKING GREAT :thumbup

THANKS....Looking forward to the newest version to add some more tweaks, hotfixes, etc ...!!!