*SOLVED* Missing security error & Comodo Defense+ & Threatfire

timekills

I had a few problems with MLite getting part-way through its process and just quitting - no warnings - or not wanting to get past the very initial start giving me a missing security error. I tried recopying the base XP files, checked the folder settings, rebooted, you name it.

Soultion:

1) Disabled the Comodo Firewall program's Defense+ program - even though it never gave me a pop-up and I had NLite listed as a "Trusted Program".

2) Still had a few times where NLite just quit - Disabled Theatfire

That solved it!

I have to concur with the other threads in msfn.org about the Defense+ section of the firewall. It is too invasive, worse than Vista. I have kept it disabled since and no more pop-ups and no more problems with NLite.

Edited by timekills

• 3 weeks later...

I was having a similar problem with boooggy's slipstreamer, but even when disabling defense+ it would still give errors... only way I could slipstream was on a VMware machine without comodo installed or to uninstall comodo completely... very strange things, some of these security programs do... really makes you wonder what other people are up to that they would have to make them so invasive and obtrusive!

ah just noticed you said disable threatfire too... I'm not sure I had that installed then... but I could be wrong...

Edited by benjamminzIS