Missing IE7 "Open In New Tab" Context Menu

MillenX

Is your Windows Explorer set to "classic Explorer" mode (no favorites menu in Explorer/My Computer)? I eventually discovered that switching it back to "normal" (with IE integration) fixed the tabs problem.

Thanks for your reply.

My Windows Explorer is not set to "classic Explorer" mode.

However, Favourites Menu is available for both option, classic or default.

Are you trying to say the left task pane?

I eventually discovered that switching it back to "normal" (with IE integration) fixed the tabs problem.

And I don't understand what you mean with "(with IE integration)" there after "normal".

By the way, thank you and if possible, please help out another problem with IE.

Another unsolved IE7 problem:

http://www.msfn.org/board/Internet-Explore...280#entry734280

This can also be caused by misregistered ieframe.dll and/or shdocvw.dll, re-registering can fix this if that is the case. Also, if you try to install IE7 and then any hotfixes without rebooting, this can happen as well (and it's also an ieframe/shdocvw issue as well).

Let us know what happens.

This can also be caused by misregistered ieframe.dll and/or shdocvw.dll, re-registering can fix this if that is the case. Also, if you try to install IE7 and then any hotfixes without rebooting, this can happen as well (and it's also an ieframe/shdocvw issue as well).

Let us know what happens.

*This context menu-missing problem was not due to any toolbar like Google Toolbar.

I had tried to re-register ieframe.dll but error turned out.

The re-registration of shdocvw.dll was successful, but no changes occured.

I remember I have once installed hotfixes without rebooting. So, it may be the cause.

I need not to install IE7 since the Windows Setup CD I used comes with it. And because of this I am unable to uninstall IE7.

I had tried to reinstall the hotfixes with rebooting after every of them installed, but it can't work.

Anyway, thank you for your posts on my topics and I will check if there any new posts of yours about any new information.

I will get back to here once having any new situation or findings.