AutoIt and Free Antivirus scanners...

Even paid AV programs do this.....

They wouldnt be any good if they did ignore it. Some AV software, i use Kaspersky, flags it as "suspicious" or gives purely informational feedback on it. It because of the compression "packed executable" used and thats written to the header.

A good rule of thumb is to where possible get the source code to the script and compile the script yourself. If its only offered as an .exe do what i do, ask for the sourcecode giving the reason why...you want to compile it yourself and avoid any possible virus infection. Oftentimes you can also offer to contribute to the script. Merely asking the author isnt a sign of mistrust, if theyre a sane person, they will understand. Most scripts out there are shareware usually, so unless theyre charging money, its my experience that a request for sourcecode shouldnt be a problem.

Otherwise, read the warning and decide yourself.

Overall, you really dont want your AV not to tell you about things like this!

Edited by frodo

Are there any of the free "home edition" virus scanners out there that do not see autoit created .exe's as "viruses" automatically... and actually scan the .exe's for actual malicious code?

AVG free doesn't give false positives when scan compiled autoit scripts.