Office 2003 silent install

Cre8tive

Hi folks,

I've created a silent installer for office which should install word,powerpoint,excel and acces. When I run the silent installer on an already installed OS(xp), it works fine. Pitifully when I embed it in my windows xp instalation, it doesnt succeed. During the instalation of all apps in the windows instalation, there arent any errors given. When the OS starts I'm able to see office didnt install itself. I looked up the log and noticed it gave an error code. I've attached the logs. I already checked google about the error but couldn't find anything useful about the issue. It seems somethings wrong with the cache though I'm sure the drive has enough space on it.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Exit code was an error.

Shutting down chained setup processing.

Set Verbose logging for subsequent setup.

***** Setup exits

4/28/2008 2:43:34 PM

(return = 1603)

thanks in advice

Microsoft_Office_2003_Setup_0001_.txt

Microsoft_Office_2003_Setup_0001__Task_0001_.txt

Edited by Cre8tive

The latest version of my dvd i made also gave me the same issue, i did it all the same way i did the other times...

It just doesn´t install, doesn´t give me any errors....

The only thing i changed was adding some updates >07/2007 and changed nLite version so one of these two things is causing the issue in my case....

anyone?

Could you please be a little bit more specific......, does that mean It'll be installed after the first login?

Thanks though for the reply:)

If you are installing via svcpack, it won't work, you must use RunOnce.

Cheers ;)

*edit: it might be useful for you people to know I'm using a cab addon in nlite....

Edited by Cre8tive

ok I already made a 7zip installer,

now what should I do?

You will need to create 7-Zip Switchless Installer, guide here.

And yes, it will be installed during first log on. You can add RunOnce on Unattended page of nLite.

Cheers ;)

Edited by Cre8tive

Here is example. If your 7zip installer iz named office2003.exe, you will add this to RunOnce in Unattended page of nLite:

%SOURCE%I386\office2003.exe

Of course, you need to copy office2003.exe to I386 folder. And, in case you want to ask, \ is not necessary after %SOURCE%.

Cheers ;)

thanks a lot!

and sorry for my noobness:D

Here is example. If your 7zip installer iz named office2003.exe, you will add this to RunOnce in Unattended page of nLite:

%SOURCE%I386\office2003.exe

Of course, you need to copy office2003.exe to I386 folder. And, in case you want to ask, \ is not necessary after %SOURCE%.

Cheers ;)

Thread may be closed, figured it out:D

thanks for everything;)

I'm sure it is possible, but I don't know how to do it. Somebody else will have to help you with this. I would like to know this too.

Cheers ;)

thanks for everything;)

I'm sure it is possible, but I don't know how to do it. Somebody else will have to help you with this. I would like to know this too.

Cheers ;)

Hi Cre8tive,

Can you share on how you fixed this? I'm very interested in getting this integration to work on an XP install as I'm having the same problems.

Use the $OEM$ folders and put the setup.exe TRANSFORMS=*nameofmst* /qn command in the runonce.

thanks for everything;)

Cheers ;)

Hi Cre8tive,

Can you share on how you fixed this? I'm very interested in getting this integration to work on an XP install as I'm having the same problems.

Use the $OEM$ folders and put the setup.exe TRANSFORMS=*nameofmst* /qn command in the runonce.

thanks for everything;)

Cheers ;)

Hi Cre8tive,

I have put this iin my winnt.sif file.

[GuiRunOnce]

%systemdrive%\install\start.cmd

-0-0-0-

And put this in my start.cmd file

ECHO install Office XP Professional

ECHO Please wait...

start /wait %systemdrive%\install\Applications\OfficeXP\setup.exe TRANSFORMS=Unattended.MST /qb-