HOWTO: Slipstream Windows XP SP3, WM11, and IE7
Posted 01 May 2008 - 09:25 AM
1) hfslip.zip from http://hfslip.org/HFSLIP_static.php
2) wmp11-windowsxp-x86-enu.exe from http://www.microsoft...;displaylang=en
3) WindowsXP-KB936929-SP3-x86-ENU from wherever you can find it.
4) IE7-WindowsXP-x86-enu.exe from http://www.microsoft...;displaylang=en
5) CDIMAGEGUI from http://unattended.ms...CDIMAGE_GUI.EXE
6) CDIMAGE from http://unattended.ms...bal/CDIMAGE.EXE
7) Boot.img from http://unattended.ms...global/boot.img
8) nLite-1.4.5.b2.installer.exe from http://home.midmaine...2.installer.exe
1. Create a folder on you c: drive - C:\XP
2. Insert the Windows XP with SP2 CD, copy all files and folders to C:\XP
3. Download and execute, WindowsXP-KB936929-SP3-x86-ENU.exe /integrate:C:\XP
4. Windows XP Service Pack 3 has now been integrated into C:\XP.
Use HFSLIP to slipstream WM11
1. Expand the HSFLIP zip file to C:\HSFLIP and then run the hfslip-1.7.5.bat file.
2. Using Winzip or Winrar, right click on wmp11-windowsxp-x86-enu.exe and extract it to a folder.
3. Rename the folder to WMP11 and copy it into C:\HSFLIP\HF
4. Copy all files and folders under C:\XP to C:\HSFLIP\SOURCE
4. Run the hfslip-1.7.5.bat file and follow the prompts, if successful then a folder will be created call C:\HSFLIP\SOURCESS
5. Windows Media Player 11 has now been intergrated into C:\HSFLIP\SOURCESS
Use nLite to slipstream IE7 into your SOURCESS folder
1. Open nLite and for "Locating the Windows installation" choose C:\HSFLIP\SOURCESS\ and click Next
2. Under Task Selection, pick Hotfixes, Addions, and Update Packs and click Next
3. Click Insert and choose IE7-WindowsXP-x86-enu.exe and click Next
4. nLite will then integrate IE7 into your C:\HSFLIP\SOURCESS folder.
5. Finish answering any prompts needed to finish.
Use CDIMAGE to create a bootable ISO file
Use the following guide for an explination of how to use CDIMAGE GUI: http://unattended.ms...xp/view/web/15/
Make sure that C:\HSFLIP\SOURCESS is your ROOT DIR for your CD.
Once finished you should have an ISO with Windows XP SP3, WM11, and IE7 all slipstreamed together.
Hope you enjoy!
Posted 02 May 2008 - 07:40 AM
Check out my post about using HFSLIP to do the entire thing which makes it REALLY SIMPLE.
Posted 13 May 2008 - 10:03 AM
This post has been edited by gasto: 13 May 2008 - 10:04 AM
Posted 14 May 2008 - 02:28 AM
Posted 02 August 2008 - 07:17 AM
2) wmp11-windowsxp-x86-enu.exe from = http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/info.as...sxp-x86-enu.exe
3) WindowsXP-KB936929-SP3-x86-ENU from wherever you can find it. = http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/info.as...SP3-x86-ENU.exe
4) IE7-WindowsXP-x86-enu.exe from = http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/info.as...sXP-x86-enu.exe
Nlite = Just hit the downloads link from the right of the webpage and grab the latest nlite.