Funpidgin is a fork of the popular open source client Pidgin which allows instant messaging with over twenty different protocols.
What makes us different from the official client, is that we work for you. Unlike the Pidgin developers, we believe the user should have the final say in what goes into the program.
So far five new features have been added to Funpidgin upon requests from users, and all of them are optional. It is these options that make the use of Funpidgin enjoyable to a diverse range of people.
Feel free to try out the software and get involved! Tell us what you like and what you'd improve - we're happy to hear from you! If you can think of a feature you would like us to add, tell us what it is! You don't need to give a detailed reason - fulfilling our goal of improving the user experience is the only reason we need.
Funpidgin contains every feature Pidgin has... plus:
- "Entry area manual sizing" a plugin by Artemy Kapitula that allows manual resizing of the entry area.
- An option to set the size of the buddy icons displayed in the chat window.
- An option to let the window manager place new windows.
- Two different ways of seeing that your buddies are typing.
- An optional send button for Tablet PC users.
- An option to contrast group titles against the background. (SVN)
- An option to use stock GTK+ close buttons on tabs. (SVN)
- Options to always show and/or expand tabs. (SVN)
- The ability to set the time delay between status changes. (SVN)
- Master Password encryption thanks to ubuntugeek.com. (SVN)
- MSNP14 support thanks to the experimental compile option and patches from a number of contributors. (SVN)
- MSN Pecan a fork of the MSN protocol plugin by Felipe Contreras bringing faster file transfers. (SVN)
File size :: 12.46 MB (13,071,946 bytes)
MD5 :: E89EB0C5F1D6DF8C372F076D448B7E9D
Main :: theonlinedatastorage
Mirror :: midload