slipstreaming issues with ie7, mp11, and sp3(final)

Lqdwax

Do not use WMP11 and IE7 addons. Download the installers from Microsoft and try with them (for me, it worked 100% on several images).

sry, but integrating the original packages from ms does not work as they leave hundreds of files not matching 8+3 convention. For network installs connecting via ndis2 i will need evrything in 8+3. Those addon packers put the long files in cab packs and it worked until sp3 came...

:angry:

So there is someting wrong with the WBEM /WMI provider thats different from sp2. Also there was NAP added which also cud make probs.

i finally did it.Now i used nLite 1.4.5. and slipstreamer 0.99.i integrated SP3 first,then wmp11 and ie7 with KB941569 and KB947864.First one by order was wmp11 and nLite used slipstreamer automtically,second one is ie7,then these 2 hotfixes by release date.Everything was smooth without problems,and now i'm typing from this system on VM2007.So new versions of software helped me,i hope someone will help too.

Regards

This is right. It's working now!

Until you find a solution, you can install WMP11 and IE7 via RunOnce silently (the installers from MS).

Mh, that's no integration then, litteraly speaking :P

I think it would be important to find out why integration of addons installed via .inf file is not possible nymore.

And nuhi's advice to switch off sfc (nlite dosfc option i suppose) does not work at all.

There is still a sp3.cat on the system and I suppose it is used though having set the above option and put that driversign=ignore policy in unattend.txt. the sfc_os.dll was replaced by nlite correctly too. Dunno where the corresponding registry key to switch it of is set..

The silliy thing is that all addons and "enlitements" worked fine without sp3

Now having used nlite that modifies some inf and cab files, some of the os components (not removed) are not copied obviously resulting in a broken OS

Edited by tekkie330

Do not use WMP11 and IE7 addons. Download the installers from Microsoft and try with them (for me, it worked 100% on several images).

sry, but integrating the original packages from ms does not work as they leave hundreds of files not matching 8+3 convention. For network installs connecting via ndis2 i will need evrything in 8+3. Those addon packers put the long files in cab packs and it worked until sp3 came...

:angry:

So there is someting wrong with the WBEM /WMI provider thats different from sp2. Also there was NAP added which also cud make probs.

Use WinPE/BDD 2007/WAIK instead.

Our company migrated away from DOS NDIS installs because of Vista and integrated IE7/MP11 adding multiple long file names to the source files.

Until you find a solution, you can install WMP11 and IE7 via RunOnce silently (the installers from MS).

Mh, that's no integration then, litteraly speaking :P

I think it would be important to find out why integration of addons installed via .inf file is not possible nymore.

And nuhi's advice to switch off sfc (nlite dosfc option i suppose) does not work at all.

There is still a sp3.cat on the system and I suppose it is used though having set the above option and put that driversign=ignore policy in unattend.txt. the sfc_os.dll was replaced by nlite correctly too. Dunno where the corresponding registry key to switch it of is set..

The silliy thing is that all addons and "enlitements" worked fine without sp3

Now having used nlite that modifies some inf and cab files, some of the os components (not removed) are not copied obviously resulting in a broken OS

Hi tekkie,

Have you already managed to find a solution?

You can try to add the following to $$rename.txt?:

Hello all.

My problem with the winnt.exe installation after SP3 integration is completely fixed with the following additions to $$rename.txt:

I did not modify txtsetup.sif.

[\WINDOWS\System32\WBEM]

evtgprov.dll = "CmdEvTgProv.dll"

evtgprov.mof = "CmdEvTgProv.mof"

Napprov.mof = "NapClientProv.mof"

NapSchem.mof = "napclientschema.mof"

[\WINDOWS\System32\]

msjetol1.dll = "msjetoledb40.dll"

class_ss.dll = "shellstyle.dll"

[\WINDOWS\Resources\Themes\Luna\]

Luna.mst = "luna.msstyles"

[\windows\Resources\Themes\Luna\Shell\Metallic\]

metal_ss.dll = "shellstyle.dll"

[\windows\Resources\Themes\Luna\Shell\Homestead\]

home_ss.dll = "shellstyle.dll"

[\windows\Resources\Themes\Luna\Shell\NormalColor\]

blue_ss.dll = "shellstyle.dll"

[\windows\Media]

XPBalln.wav = "Windows XP Balloon.wav"

XPBatCrt.wav = "Windows XP Battery Critical.wav"

XPBatLow.wav = "Windows XP Battery Low.wav"

XPCrtStp.wav = "Windows XP Critical Stop.wav"

XPDef.wav = "Windows XP Default.wav"

XPDing.wav = "Windows XP Ding.wav"

XPError.wav = "Windows XP Error.wav"

XPExcl.wav = "Windows XP Exclamation.wav"

XPHdFail.wav = "Windows XP Hardware Fail.wav"

XPHdInst.wav = "Windows XP Hardware Insert.wav"

XPHdRem.wav = "Windows XP Hardware Remove.wav"

XPInfBar.wav = "Windows XP Information Bar.wav"

XPLogoff.wav = "Windows XP Logoff Sound.wav"

XPLogon.wav = "Windows XP Logon Sound.wav"

XPMenu.wav = "Windows XP Menu Command.wav"

XPMin.wav = "Windows XP Minimize.wav"

XPNotify.wav = "Windows XP Notify.wav"

XPBlkPop.wav = "Windows XP Pop-up Blocked.wav"

XPPrint.wav = "Windows XP Print complete.wav"

XPRecycl.wav = "Windows XP Recycle.wav"

XPRestor.wav = "Windows XP Restore.wav"

XPRingin.wav = "Windows XP Ringin.wav"

XPRngout.wav = "Windows XP Ringout.wav"

XPShutdn.wav = "Windows XP Shutdown.wav"

XPStart.wav = "Windows XP Start.wav"

XPStartU.wav = "Windows XP Startup.wav"

After that, I can install XP with SP3 integrated.

But I also wanted to integrate WMP11, and i get similat errors again (rsop.mof not found, napclientprov.mof not found, etc...).

I was wondering if you have a solution already.

I also start the windows installation with a NDIS client and Winnt.exe.