Is it possible to add Outlook Express after XP install?

timmy2

I used the latest nLite to create an XP Pro install for an Asus Eee PC. Worked great, except for this:

When I open an MHT file using IE7 it is not rendered properly. Instead, the result looks like source code, starting with "From: Subject:.... Mime - Version 1 Content, etc. blah blah" There are no images and lots of equal signs within the text. I'm assuming this is either:

SP3

IE7 having been installed with nLite (though I've since installed IE7 over, with no joy)

Or I left something out of the install via nLite.

One more thing: I subsequently installed Office 2003 Word and Outlook thinking they might be needed for MHT files to render. No change.

I found a post in these forums where a fellow had a problem viewing MHT files and was told he needed Outlook Express. Bingo! I omitted it from the installation. I'd like to install it but see no way to do it. Please tell me how (of course other suggested fixes if I'm on the wrong track will be appreciated).

Halp!

You could install Windows Live Mail , it would make it work again .. but you can also after you install that go in to file assoiations and choose that IE are the "Primary" reader off that file type .. but as i remember in vlite, it actually stated that you cant remove Outlook in case you want to read that file format.

Thank you for responding, Svend. Tonight I went through the process of creating another build and noticed nLite's warning about Outlook Express' connection to MHT files. I've learned a lesson from this that all recipes and tutorials need to be questioned and verified against others before being followed. I'll try your suggestion.