XP Ghost Image

ideas

hello, i need just a little help here, i've made a ghost image of my pc now my machine is down and am using another pc to burn the image on disc but the disc i burnt is not booting. Can someone help....

i have no floppy drive

image size is 650mb

contents are:

1. GA.bat - mouse ghost -clone,mode=pdump,src=2:1,dst=c:xp.gho -fx -sure -z8

2. Ghost.exe

3. XP.GHO

all i need it to do is to boot and maybe give me the option to choose or create a partition

You either need to get a floppy and create a dos ghost boot floppy with cd drivers on it. or recreate your cd to be bootable.

There is an app in ghost called the Ghost Boot Wizard depending upon the verison you have which will create a floppy or a cd iso for you to use to boot from.

Reposted from a response I left on this post: http://www.msfn.org/board/Reinstall-pc-wit...423#entry759423

I'm not sure what version of Ghost you used, but I have used this method for images created using Ghost 2003 with much success. This method would also require that the image be broken into pieces less than 4.7GB each (if using DVD media), as a single file larger than that will not fit onto a single DVD.

By using the instructions posted on this page: http://nightowl.radified.com/bootcd/started.html , you should be able to create an image file to use as the boot source of a CD/DVD which will contain the Ghost Image file you wish to use. If you image spans mulitple files, just burn each to CD using the same method.

(As I have completed the initial steps already, if you PM me I may be able to send along a finished copy of the boot image).

In the past I have always used a "WinPE" bootdisk to do my dirty work. With a Windows PE boot disk, you could load up your computer and ghost it over the network real easy like! Do a google search for "BartPE" and then a little research will have you opening new doors you didn't know were available to ya ;)