Problems, that i'm too stupid to solve myself

Hello,

i'm writing here again with my unattended problems - my installation is now starting to get worse and worse:

so here is few of y problems:

I don't want to use custom tools like prepared packs with exe only, prepared svcpack.inf, nlite, ryanVM integrtor (sorry for probably misspelling your name once again), etc. And perfect installation ofcourse can't have sleeps in autoit only in while loop so it work even if pc is icredibely slow for a moment for whatever reason.

I'm trieng to complete my XP installation for months (well over year with break) to by 100% complete and perfect as i want it, but still no success.

1. ActiveX - MU, OGA - i installed flash, java, WU, WGA with their installers and all work ok, but when i try to install .cab downloaded activeX it goes bad i don't work - so what do i do? I copy .dll to system32 .inf to dwonloaded program files and then run ie. regsvr32 /s "muweb.dll". I tried it in T-12 and in runonceex witouth success [i have checked that files are copied to it's place], when i run regsvr32 "muweb.dll" after installation complete and i get success. MU then works, but still i need to allow it in IE. So i totally failed.

2. visusal effects - i had it placed to runonce in hkcu in default user - it is imported but when runonceex completes (rononce run probable after runonceex), then windows log in user and it don't work properly, so i figured out, that after manual restart it works ok [if i restart twice during runonceex it don't take effect]. So i created autoit script that is placed tu startup directory in start menu during runonceex - script wait for regedit to start and close, write to registry that it restarted pc and then reboosts computer. Next reboot it chceck registry, found itself, delete record in registry and delete itself. Guess what? Effects look still like after regedit import. Again - when i do manual restart, effects work ok.

3. Show hidden files - i have registry tweaks to show hidden files imported during T-12 to show hidden files, i can see change in "folder option ...", but exploerer don't really show hidden files, but when do ANY change in folder options like check and uncheck any checkbox and then click ok, then exlporer shows hiddden files - supprise.

4. IE7 tweaks - because i figured out that ie overwrites it's settings in registry when it loads for first time (same as visual effects) i made autoit script that runs ie7, wait till it load window (i think it is waiting for ttabbar or something) and send alt+f4. Then import registry - well most time it don't work good - only few regtweaks are imported - ie. google, but nothing else like phishing filter [well i have google in one regfile and everything else in another], sometimes it hangs with empty IE window shown in runonceex and don't continue untill i manually kill autoit script, but then all settings are imported.

5. How do i absolutelly clearly (no unnecessary registry keys, etc.) set default exlorrer view to details and order by name and "my computer" view also to details but with "show in groups" and order by type?

Can you send me how you do it, or your scripts. I will post my scripts and more details this evening (CET) if you want - i currently don't have access to it.

Sorry for many many misstakes i made and my wrong english.

I know - try harder, lurk more, well i tried, i lurked :) - still i don't have perfect windows installation.

EDIT:

4. IE tweaks - i found out that my scripts import IE7 tweaks ok, BUT after user logon or maybe first IE7 start under loged on user cause it's deletion \:

2. I will try runonce script that: import it to registry and restartart computer and delete script that restart computer after complete user logon ....

1,4. if new 2. will work i will try adding it to the script, still having your sollutions will really help me.

3. i will check HKCU registry according to this http://www.msfn.org/board/Can-t-view-hidde...es-t115142.html - now when i think about it i probably importing just HKLM ...

Edited by Lolita