Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Windows XP Media Center Edition and SP3

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Molla

Molla
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 06-May 08
Hi All

please help

i have Windows XP Media Center Edition in 2 CDs , how can i make it in one DVD

And how can i put SP3 in this DVD with my drivers , by nlite or others

thanks for help

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

mara-

mara-

Office Integrator Developer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,181 posts
  • Joined 19-February 07
SP3 can not be integrated to media center edition.

For drivers use nLite, page "Drivers". Make sure that all of your drivers are extracted because nLite search for .inf file.

To merge two CD's just copy all files from CD1 and CD2 to same folder on hard drive.

Cheers ;)

Edited by mara-, 06 May 2008 - 01:59 PM.

awkward

awkward
  • 4 posts
  • Joined 02-May 07

For drivers use nLite, page "Drivers". Make sure that all of your drivers are extracted because nLite search for .inf file.

To merge two CD's just copy all files from CD1 and CD2 to same folder on hard drive.

Cheers ;)

Is this a fact the MCE cannot be slipstreamed with xp sp3?

I have just attempted to do this and it trashes internet explorer!

jdeboeck

jdeboeck

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 376 posts
  • Joined 13-October 03
Because MCE2005 includes WMP10 and SP3 only includes WMP9 the slipstream can't work. The files required for WMP9 and WMP10 are different, but it is the service pack that decides which files will be installed, because the service pack may include new files of its own. Since XP isn't componentized, it's either the MCE2005 file list without service pack resource files, or the SP3 file list without WMP10. Neither will work, though it should be possible to merge DOSNET.INF and TXTSETUP.SIF manually.

The XPSP3 team screwed up big time.

saeiddavar

saeiddavar
  • 4 posts
  • Joined 10-October 05
after installing windows media center SP2, windows update wants to install sp3 with 66MB ( not 316 MB). is there any way to download this pakage ( 66 MB ) and integrate it with windows?
I think with this way, we wont have media player problem.

Walchinc

Walchinc

• 31 posts
  • Joined 16-December 04
This is false. As a programmer, The code behind the file can be changed and allow the user to copy CD2 contents into CD1

Futhermore CD 1 uses XP Pro Service Pack 2 to install onto the Hard Drive

You have got a max of 1.7GB of network connectivity to download updates and enhancements for MC2005

Edited by Walchinc, 26 June 2008 - 02:12 AM.

iheartsims

iheartsims

Software Developer

• 30 posts
  • Joined 06-July 08

Cheers ;)

It CAN be integrated with SP3. I did it. Didnt trash IE or anything. I do have a MCE with only 1 CD - I got it from MSDN. You have to use cdimage, microsoft's software for creating files into ISOs. It optimizes the files.
Working on a Ultimate Operating System DVD: Its also going to have a home-made autorun
that you can select an OS to install, and create indivisual CD .iso's, for old computers :)

I'm also working on a boot menu program, like CDShell

Nexus_06

Nexus_06

Junior

• Pip
  • 82 posts
  • Joined 16-September 08
If there is an SP3 available for MCE, you can look in %windir%\WindowsUpdate.log and extract the url for the file from it.

mara-

mara-

Office Integrator Developer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,181 posts
  • Joined 19-February 07

SP3 can not be integrated to media center edition.For drivers use nLite, page "Drivers". Make sure that all of your drivers are extracted because nLite search for .inf file.To merge two CD's just copy all files from CD1 and CD2 to same folder on hard drive.

Cheers ;)

It CAN be integrated with SP3. I did it. Didnt trash IE or anything. I do have a MCE with only 1 CD - I got it from MSDN. You have to use cdimage, microsoft's software for creating files into ISOs. It optimizes the files.

Did you check the version of your Media Center edition? SP3 slipstream will just downgrade your version of MCE.

Cheers ;)

Edited by mara-, 12 October 2008 - 01:26 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users