Slipstreaming SP3 [what's proper?]

no...

no need to carry SP2

Slipstream Windows XP SP3 in Windows XP RTM (SP0)

that's what I thought... just wanted to be sure... cause I've seen more than a couple people mention that they slipped SP2 before SP3 and that just seems redundant to me... but wanted to be sure!

If you slipstream SP0 -> SP3, you will not be able to bypass the product activation screen on non-VL versions of the Windows source. If you slipstream SP1 -> SP3 or SP2 -> SP3, you can bypass the product activation screen on non-VL versions of the Windows source.

That's why people slip SP2 before doing SP3.

slipstream winxp sp0 to sp3 will result some few disadvantages on feature.. like the ie icon on desktop cant be enable via desktop properties ..

sp2 - sp3 is much stable.. but people prefer to have some what fresh xp.. sp0 - sp3 .. for the unnecessary files..

For me, I prefer microsoft's splitstreamed sp3 version

OMG :angry: Now I prefer also Microsoft's slipstream version of Windows XP.

Now I think VLK users should slipstream SP3 on SP0 (RTM)

and OEM and Retail users should go for SP1 or SP2 to slipstream SP3...and after slipstreaming, delete SP1.cab n SP1.cat and SP2.cab n SP2.cat from I386 folder and WIN51IP.SP2 from the root of XPCD.

It saves some bytes of Windows XP CD....and no need to worry...SP3 slipstreamed CD will rocks

For me, I prefer microsoft's splitstreamed sp3 version

OMG :angry: Now I prefer also Microsoft's slipstream version of Windows XP.

Now I think VLK users should slipstream SP3 on SP0 (RTM)

and OEM and Retail users should go for SP1 or SP2 to slipstream SP3...and after slipstreaming, delete SP1.cab n SP1.cat and SP2.cab n SP2.cat from I386 folder and WIN51IP.SP2 from the root of XPCD.

It saves some bytes of Windows XP CD....and no need to worry...SP3 slipstreamed CD will rocks

Sorry to say, but *cough* someone who considers themselves as a "Microsoft® MVP" within their title and using "Vista Utimate" (Defective by design) does leave a concern to the protest. I hope you do not pay the MS tax as some do to protest against unreasonable corporations like Microsoft. Windows XP SP3 mainly exists to be able to talk to Vista on a network. Yes, I did pay the Vista tax and am disgusted now as I refuse to use it.

Be well and choose your future through your/others actions.

@ MHz ... I think, you are not getting me and by the way... Microsoft has recognized me as an MVP.

and I don't want to know "What are you saying defective by design or tax payee....

What the hell is going with you !

I just have suggested advise to someone...who want to consider this...

All right !