Basic antivirus and antispyware protection for Windows available to download for free. Limited features, no support, for private and non-commercial use only.
- The most downloaded software on CNET's Download.com
- Quality proven by 70 millions of users
- Easy to download, install and use
- Protection against viruses and spyware
- Compatible with Windows Vista and Windows XP
- /REMOVE_FEATURE fea_AVG_SafeSurf
- /REMOVE_FEATURE fea_AVG_SafeSearch
- /ADD_FEATURE fea_AVG_EmailPlugins
- /REMOVE_FEATURE fea_AVG_Exchange_plugin
- /ADD_FEATURE fea_AVG_EMC
- /ADD_FEATURE fea_AVG_Office_2000_plugin
File size :: 51.57 MB (54,077,610 bytes)
MD5 :: BBEB9C5360B4229C1FB7B0F66E726D6C
Main :: ifile.it
- This is a GUIRUNONCE addon and requires Unattended mode to be enabled in NLite.
- The "Database update is disabled" warning can be dealt with by running a manual update using the command "%ProgramFiles% AVG AVG8 avgupd.exe /PRI=5" as explained here.
- I tried the addon without the "/DONT_START_APPS" switch and while that did remove the "Database update is disabled", the program when running also sucked up resources like crazy so i put that switch back in.
- Tested and working just fine on Windows XP Media Center Edition (32-bit) in a Virtual Machine.
- Not tried on Windows 2000. I doubt very much it will work but if anyone cares to try, please provide feedback, thanks!
- I believe this package comes with both x86 and x64 files, but again I haven't tried on x64 Windows so if anyone does try, feedback would be nice, thanks!
This post has been edited by johndoe74: 29 December 2008 - 12:47 PM