• Announcements

• xper

MSFN Sponsorship and AdBlockers!   07/10/2016

Dear members, MSFN is made available via subscriptions, donations and advertising revenue. The use of ad-blocking software hurts the site. Please disable ad-blocking software or set an exception for MSFN. Alternatively, become a site sponsor and ads will be disabled automatically and by subscribing you get other sponsor benefits.
mara-

Office 2000/XP/2003/2007 Slipstreamer - version 1.6.2

119 posts in this topic

Hello Mara,

Thanks for the prompt reply. I've done some more tests, and my situation is mysterious, beyond me.

To your points:

1. The key was both copied and manually entered on multiple tries. No joy!

2. I tried 5-6 times. Nothing changed (I did all this before posting.)

3. Setup.ini wasn't altered. The folder Office 2003 was simply created by doing a copy/paste of the contents of my original MS CD. The displayed version is correct.

Now to what I've found mysterious and to make it work. Simply use the CD as the source, not the copy to my folder on the hard drive. I have no idea what's different (a compare of the two says no difference) but I am able to use your slipstreamer just fine if I use the CD, not a folder with the CD contents. Why I say it's mysterious, is I do the folder bit all the time with slipstreams to make updates of Win XP with no problems. Maybe the copy of Office 2003 requires something more than just a copy of the contents?

Thanks for the help.

-Marsha

OK, I'm glad that you solved the problem. By the explanation you gave, you maybe found a bug. I'll look into it, but I can promise that I'll fix it, since I don't have Retail version and everything depends on testing of the users.

Cheers ;)

Edit: Can you tell me what path did you use in first and second input field when your files were located on hard drive?

Edited by mara-

I understand, and I'm very thankful for you efforts (on everything, including a very useful tool).

My paths for the inputs are shown clearly in my first post (about 3 previous to this.) My output path was supposed to be G:\OfficeCD

I hope this is helpful. I'm happy to try (test) any new version at your request.

Marsha

ok, i finally have it done Mara :P

see attachment for new Dutch translation :)

Damian666

Dutch.rar

Thanks man for the translation and for the VB converter you sent me.

Cheers ;)

your very welcome man, you help me too, so i help you in return :D

have fun with it man.

damian666

Hello,

I have a question that's important to me and my users. A direct install from the MS CD of Office 2003 creates the MSOCache file for future fixes and updates. There seems to be no MSOCache created after I use this slipstreamer. How come, and could it become an option?

Thanks

-marsha

That's because of administrative install. Download version 1.7 Beta 2 and use Direct Slipstream. It will enable you to have even smaller size then original and it will ask you for serial on begin of install, cache will also work.

Cheers ;)

I Have the problem, that the programs hangs at the point where it creates the file list which is necessary for slipstream. I used Office XP Pro and Vista Ultimate SP1 32-Bit.

That's because of administrative install. Download version 1.7 Beta 2 and use Direct Slipstream. It will enable you to have even smaller size then original and it will ask you for serial on begin of install, cache will also work.

Cheers ;)

I Have the problem, that the programs hangs at the point where it creates the file list which is necessary for slipstream. I used Office XP Pro and Vista Ultimate SP1 32-Bit.

Cheers ;)

If you are using 1.7 Beta 2 you should post in right topic. I know about the list problem and it's solved for next beta. And Office XP is currently not supported for Direct Slipstream, you can only use Admin Slipstream if your Office is Enterprise.

Cheers ;)

My own and updated Spanish.lng to 1.6.2

Thanks.

Cheers ;)

Congrats for nice application. Let me to add Bulgarian Translation.

Thanks.

Cheers ;)

Hello friends,

I am not getting to enable the button for the administrative installation.

somebody helps me

See

dos1.jpg

Thank

I see you in the Brazil :hello::thumbup

Edited by Jorex

You don't need it, since files are already on hard disk, not on cd, so you can just start slipstream. Also, you should upgrade to latest version here. And if you would like direct integration use Office Integrator from my signature.

Cheers ;)