Anti-virus / Spamblocker

I was working on a customer's system last night and he wanted a new anti-virus / spamblocker the only thing is he's running Win 98. He purchased Norton and of course it didn't work. He's running a Dell w/ a P3 750 MHz CPU and 128 RAM. I want to know if you all know any AV that will run on 98 and a good spamblocker, preferably a free home ver. if possible.

I'd personally suggest AVG free edition. it's one of the best Antiviruses out there. I think that support will be discontinued with the next version, but it's better than nothing. actually it might only support 98SE. not sure, though. anyways. it's pretty excellent. the others have more long term support for 98 planned, I believe

I checked with AntiVir and AVG andI thought that they no longer supported Win 98 but to verify I checked anyway and they do not, although Avast does so I'll check in on that one and try it out. The next thing is finding a spam blocking utility to run in outlook as well. Any suggestions for such an app for 98? Thanks for the the suggestions.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest JefferyGuide

I've been using Avast on my 98se machine, and I'm quite satisfied with Avast.

Thanks guys. I'll try that. I haven't heard from the customer yet, he said he'd give me a call when he was ready for me to work on it. So I'll try these and keep you all posted. Thanks again!