I'm wondering Sfor, does your problem happen with .htm files as well as .html and .https files?
I ask because your registry entries don't show any data for .htm files.
I don't have an entry for .https files, but I do for .htm and .html files, and they are both of type "Opera.HTML"
The entry for that, which is generated by Opera of course is -
@="\"C:\\Program Files\\Office XP\\Office10\\msohtmed.exe\" %1"
@="C:\\Program Files\\OPERA\\OPERA.EXE \"%1\""
[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Opera.HTML\shell\Open in Internet Explorer]
@="Open in Internet Explorer"
[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Opera.HTML\shell\Open in Internet Explorer\command]
@="C:\\Program Files\\Internet\\IEXPLORE.EXE %1"
@="\"C:\\Program Files\\Office XP\\Office10\\msohtmed.exe\" /p %1"
Ignore the entry for Internet Explorer, I just added that manually so I can right click and choose to open the file in IE instead of Opera if I want to. The Office XP entry was put there by Office XP itself!
Apart from the times when Opera is a bit too slow starting up, and opens with a blank page, this always works.
If I double click on an htm or html file in Windows Explorer, or on a link say in an e-mail, Opera opens and displays the page as it should do.
Although it sounds a bit drastic, I would uninstall Opera, and go through and delete manually all registry entries referring to it if any remain.
Then make IE your default browser, assuming that you have it, and make sure that works with the file associations as it should.
Then reinstall Opera and make that the default browser and see if it behaves any better.
Edited by Dave-H, 05 June 2008 - 05:08 PM.