Outlook 2007 send problem

yronnen

Hi,

I have a few accounts configured in my Outlook 2007. One of my account can receive emails but cannot send any (unless I'm in my office network). A few days ago I got an email in this account and the sender asked a read confirmation and I clicked OK by mistake.

Now here's the problem: outlook tries to send the read receipt through the "read-only" account and can't since the SMTP server does not accept any outgoing emails. The thing is that there is no email in the outbox mail so there is no way for me to delete this receipt. As a result I keep getting annoying errors messages when running outlook.

Does anybody know where is this message hiding?

TIA.

Hi, I can understand your problem, although I don't know where the receipt message is, there may be a way to solve your problem,

the reason you can't send out that message is there is something wrong with your account setting, so I suggest you check your account settings to see if the server port is right, sometimes server port will decide your mail can be sent out or not, you can set the port as the email host said, different email hosts will have different settings with outlook, I'm sure you can find the right settings in your email host, may you good luck!

:rolleyes:

Your missing message should be in the outbox, unless you have a rule setup to clean out the outbox, or its disabled.

Anyways, while Outlook does support multiple accounts, it sends mail using the settings of the default account. Alternatively, you can change your STMP information to match what is on the default account and it should be able to send mail properly.

Well, I've found some solution. Since the smtp server could not relay my request (it works only from the office) I couldn't change the settings.

I've deleted the account and re-created it with a different name. Problem solved.