Unable to install windows xp by USB MultiBoot 9

I have tried many ways to install windows xp from usb, its because my laptop doesnt have CD rom drive.

I downloaded USB multiboot 9 from my desktop, everythings fine. I could format my USB harddrive (HP tools, NTFS 60GB), copying xp setup file from CD (windows xp pro sp2). When i use the usb hard drive to boot on my laptop, i choose 1 txt mode to setup windows xp, then there are blue screen as follow:

A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

STOP : 0X0000007B (0XF99D8524, 0XC00000034, 0X00000000, 0X00000000)

Sorry for my bad english, please help me. Thank you very much.

Did you look at the sticked FAQs?

What model is your laptop?

Did you select USB hard disk (option 0), although it shouldn't be the cause for the BSOD.

My Laptop is IBM THINKPAD X40.

Yes i chose USB hard disk instead of USB-stick

If still giving BSOD try changing in BIOS SATA mode to IDE, do you have a similar option? Like AHCI off, SATA mode- IDE.... Is it's hard drive SATA?

Do you have any mass storage drivers slipstreamed? Have you tried slipstreaming BTS mass storage drivers?

http://driverpacks.net/DriverPacks/

My laptop is using ATA hard disk. I cannot find those option in my BIOS. How do i use those driver? Should i extract to the i386 folders in USB drive??

If it's ATA, then there is no need to add that drivers pack.

Are you sure you created a new ntdetect.com following the link in FAQs and replaced the one in USB root?

If that doesn't help I am out of ideas, may be only an updated BIOS.

Can you prepare the USB disk selecting USB stick in the menu, and test if Text Setup loads fine? Do not continue installation, just check if you can reach the screen with Hard disks available.

Edited by ilko_t

Did winnt.exe run to the end properly? Di you format the hard drive prior to launching winnt.exe?

You may be having hardware failure or your XP source is missing a driver.

To rule out the first- check the disk with the tool from it's manufacturer. Let it run an extended test, which takes even hours.

If in doubt- use UBCD, which has the tools from all manufacturers and can easily installed on USB- there is a script inside the CD which does that for you.

Alternatively you can start Grub4DOS from the USB drive and map a floppy image of the tool you need. If you need details about this option- just ask.