Shredder Alpha 2 is a developer preview release for the next major version of Thunderbird that is being built on top of the next generation of Mozilla's layout engine, Gecko 1.9. Shredder Alpha 2 is being made available for testing purposes only and is intended for developers and our testing community.
This release does not represent the final product. Some of the features listed below are highly experimental and will likely change before the final release. They may come with crashes and bugs and may potentially cause data loss in profiles (configuration data, preferences, downloaded mail).
Please do not use Shredder Alpha 2 in a production environment.
Please see below for a list of features and enhancements found in Shredder Alpha 2, as well as known issues and frequently asked questions. As always, we appreciate your feedback either through this feedback form or by filing a bug in Bugzilla.
What's New in Shredder Alpha 2
There were over 300 bug fixes in this release, many laying the groundwork for future changes. Some notable changes include:
- Integration improvements
- Shredder can import mail from Mail.app on Mac OS X
- Shredder theme looks more native on OS X
- OS X Address Book integration on by default
- Improved accessibility for screen readers
- Outlook Express import now copies SSL and port settings
- Other features
- IMAP delete and undo operations are faster
- Forwarded messages are inline by default
- Replies allow to quote only selected text
- Purge button added to toolbar optionally
- Platform improvements
- Extension authoring made easier by assigning IDs to most XUL elements
- Windows x64 builds now possible
- Several improvements to junk scoring subsystem
File size :: 7.52 MB (7,892,480 bytes)
MD5 :: 7F89ABE6A7F0BD9258398B7C652A57AD
Main :: Esnips
Mirror :: openomy
Mirror :: mybloop
Mirror :: Badongo
Edited by johndoe74, 13 August 2008 - 12:01 PM.