Blue screen of death!

dorisno1

Hey, This could be a long post so I apologise now. Yesterday I turned on my laptop,the windows screen started up with the blue bar under the word windows, loading. Then the **** thing just went off and re started..... I have pressed f8 and restarted in every which way suggested,but to no avail. In desperation I tried the recovery. This just took me to a blue screen with "unmountable_boot_volume" at top and several things below such as if this is the first time you have seen this screen then please re start computer etc. It suggests to remove bios and such but the thing is I cant get anything else,apart from what I have described, to happen...Please any suggestions as to what I can do.I am on my works computer now and am not capable enough to begin removing hard drives and do not want to have to use this one for anything other than maybe a downloadable "fix it" programme lol on blushing.gif I am using a hp 510 notebook with windows xp 2000 service pack two,by the way and no xp disc to do anything about it boo hoo

I tried the recovery. This just took me to a blue screen with "unmountable_boot_volume" at top and several things below such as if this is the first time you have seen this screen then please re start computer etc.

What recovery method are you using and at what point do you get that message ?

Try booting up with UBCD4Win (www.ubcd4win.com). You will need access to a WinXP CD to create the UBCD but as long as its the same version as the one installed - OEM I would assume - then there shouldn't be any problems with that. I assure you its a great recovery tool that I'm sure you'll use more than once! I would suggest you plan for worst case scenario, and backup all your important data prior to further recovery attempts (assuming your HDD isn't fried, you can do this easily from within UBCD - but you will most likely need a USB drive of some sort to save data on).

Edited by angrypenguin

None lol!!!although its not funny i have a computer i can down load stuff from but its a works one so i have to be careful to not mess anything up!!

Edited by dorisno1