Does nLite contain spyware?

Guest RUBitch

Guest RUBitch

:blink:

why the ewindows updates are from this site?

i never sawa this site

wwwbaytest1.microsoft.com

(a alternate fake chinese site ^^ altered by dns proxy)

if you update from this site you get loads of spyware and nukeware and not real critical updates

save comp and dont slipstream or use nlite.

Edited by nuhi

What gives you the right to assume that it is nLite's doing and that you did not install something else causing that?

Don't forget you are the first one claiming this.

This time I edited your insulting title, next time you will be warned for a ban from the forums.

Edited by nuhi

i never sawa this site

if you update from this site you get loads of spyware and nukeware and not real critical updates

Dude whats your problem? nLite is perfectly safe, if you do not like just do not use, don't post your fudge here. BTW, learn to speak English.

Cheers ;)

Edited by mara-

i never sawa this site

Dude whats your problem? nLite is perfectly safe, if you do not like just do not use, don't post your fudge here. BTW, learn to speak English.

Cheers ;)

Just what he said, if that really did happen to you then it wasn't from nlite.

i never sawa this site

i guess your pc already had a spyware or you downloaded nlite from a dodgy chinese website that had a spyware attached to the nlite setup file. DONT accuse nuhi's EXTREME hard work. because of nuhi microsoft OS's are wonderful. if there was no nlite or vlite, then xp or vista would have been a spyware itself. :realmad:

DNS proxying to that site would be done either on your box directly, or upstream via an attack on your ISPs DNS servers (both are extremely possible). However, I've used nLite and vLite for quite some time now (nLite for years), and this is not something done by this product. You should probably run a scan on your machine for malware and viruses, or, contact your ISP about "dns poisoning" (and if they don't know what you're talking about, consider another ISP :yes:).

• 4 months later...

I had a strange experience with nLite...

I got an error saying there was a problem with txtsetup.sif when I tried an install. Near the line in the file with the error I found some strange entries under SourceDisksFiles.amd64- a few of them are below

256search[1].gif = 1989,,,,,,,1989,0,0

0808_search3[1].swf = 1989,,,,,,,1989,0,0

adswrapperat[1].js = 1989,,,,,,,1989,0,0

ajaxcontroltoolkit.animation.animations[1].js = 1989,,,,,,,1989,0,0

barack-speech-60bt082908[1].gif = 1989,,,,,,,1989,0,0

palin-ws-2a-200hr082908[1].gif = 1989,,,,,,,1989,0,0

pamala-anderson-wedding-200lvg091808[1].jpg = 1989,,,,,,,1989,0,0

Can anyone tell me why what appears to be random internet files would get put into this file by nLite?

I had a strange experience with nLite...

I got an error saying there was a problem with txtsetup.sif when I tried an install. Near the line in the file with the error I found some strange entries under SourceDisksFiles.amd64- a few of them are below

256search[1].gif = 1989,,,,,,,1989,0,0

0808_search3[1].swf = 1989,,,,,,,1989,0,0

adswrapperat[1].js = 1989,,,,,,,1989,0,0

ajaxcontroltoolkit.animation.animations[1].js = 1989,,,,,,,1989,0,0

barack-speech-60bt082908[1].gif = 1989,,,,,,,1989,0,0

palin-ws-2a-200hr082908[1].gif = 1989,,,,,,,1989,0,0

pamala-anderson-wedding-200lvg091808[1].jpg = 1989,,,,,,,1989,0,0

Can anyone tell me why what appears to be random internet files would get put into this file by nLite?

r u sure its nlite? causing this? did u have a pirated copy of xp before hand? this could have anything attached to it

EDIT: if you get a program, always get it from the ORIGINAL website of the program..

dont download off of 3rd party sites EVER.

Edited by MCT

I definitely got nLite right from the source, and this is a genuine XP disc-

I (sort of) figured out what the problem was tho:

I think you're right- it wasn't nLite's fault.

When I was setting up my nLite install, I was gathering up files/drivers at the same time (I'm planning on installing XP x64 to replace Vista). :blushing: My guess is that at some point I accidentally moved a folder with internet files into the directory where nLite stores the modified install files. I'm not sure how I might have managed this (not to mention most of those entries don't look familiar...), and I didn't ever find hard evidence of it- But I just re-copied the files from the XP dvd before loading up my previous session in nLite, and now its all better.