Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

MSFN is made available via donations, subscriptions and advertising revenue. The use of ad-blocking software hurts the site. Please disable ad-blocking software or set an exception for MSFN. Alternatively, register and become a site sponsor/subscriber and ads will be disabled automatically. 

Fredledingue

dual boot W98 + Vista

One problem is that Vista does not install on a FAT32 partition (unlike previous Windows versions).

So... 98 will not be able to access the Vista partition.

Other than that, it should work on two separate partitions - I have not actually tried it.

Vista should be able to access the 98 partition okay.

:blink: Should this dual boot be two partitions or 2 different harddrives as Vista is WAY Different than other O.S.'s??? :rolleyes: thydreamwalker

ive tried it i think or it might have been 98se + xp + vista just make sure you install 98se first and then vista

and obviously different partitions

Actually, Vista CAN be installed on FAT32. It's a bit tricky but possible. Follow the links on my oldpost.

Once again, it seems M$ disabled a perfectly working option to force people to use their "new" filesystem (until WinFS?)...

I don't think so since I've tried it on a test system during the Vista Beta. You can't run the Vista install utility under 9x to do a multi boot system. So, what you'll have to end up doing is installing Vista on a separate partition (Clean install) and modify the boot.ini yourself. Hope this helps!