• Announcements

• xper

MSFN Sponsorship and AdBlockers!   07/10/2016

Dear members, MSFN is made available via subscriptions, donations and advertising revenue. The use of ad-blocking software hurts the site. Please disable ad-blocking software or set an exception for MSFN. Alternatively, become a site sponsor and ads will be disabled automatically and by subscribing you get other sponsor benefits.
razorren

MAC OS on PC hardware

4 posts in this topic

Hi all,

Is it possible to install one of the latest MAC OS releases on a regular Intel type pc?

Thanks

ren

it is possible. I am running MAC OS X 10.5.1 Leopard and Vista Ultimate X64 on my Compaq V3235TU laptop Dual boot all is running well except the wifi. I have to buy a USB adapted for MAC

But ofcourse what works for me may not work for you. Read more of mac X86 project to find out more details

George-Sysminus

This is against Apple's Terms of Service, and they have code in the OS specifically to prevent this. That being said, if you get around that code, it's installable. As Apple doesn't provide drivers for anything not included in their Macs, it's unlikely everything will work, or work right.

I've run "Hackintosh" on a couple of laptops and was not impressed with the results. I ended up buying a Macbook Pro to tinker with OS X to its fullest.

Like S.SubZero said - this is against Apple's TOS. We don't permit discussion about illegal activities on MSFN.

Topic Closed