Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

MAC OS on PC hardware

- - - - -

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

razorren

razorren
  • 3 posts
  • Joined 10-March 04
Hi all,

Is it possible to install one of the latest MAC OS releases on a regular Intel type pc?

Thanks

ren

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

sysminus

sysminus
  • 3 posts
  • Joined 22-May 08
it is possible. I am running MAC OS X 10.5.1 Leopard and Vista Ultimate X64 on my Compaq V3235TU laptop Dual boot all is running well except the wifi. I have to buy a USB adapted for MAC

But ofcourse what works for me may not work for you. Read more of mac X86 project to find out more details

George-Sysminus

S.SubZero

S.SubZero

• PipPip
  • 137 posts
  • Joined 07-February 07
This is against Apple's Terms of Service, and they have code in the OS specifically to prevent this. That being said, if you get around that code, it's installable. As Apple doesn't provide drivers for anything not included in their Macs, it's unlikely everything will work, or work right.

I've run "Hackintosh" on a couple of laptops and was not impressed with the results. I ended up buying a Macbook Pro to tinker with OS X to its fullest.

Zxian

Zxian

Scroll up - see the Google bar?

• Super Moderator
  • 5,066 posts
  • Joined 30-September 04
Like S.SubZero said - this is against Apple's TOS. We don't permit discussion about illegal activities on MSFN.

Topic Closed

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users