"No Tuner Installed" XP Media Center 2005

Hi to everyone, been a while since I was in town. Need some help with my HTPC installation!

I have installed XP Media Center 2005 and my drivers for the various hardware. I have a WinTV-PVR-350 tv card which is installed and updated. The tv card is working fine and gives me my tv channels and recording ability.

The media center is tuned in and when I start the tv it comes with a "no tuner installed" error!!

I have googled my pants off but can't seem to get this sorted! Is there anyone who can shed some light on the matter for me.

As always, appreciate any help I can get on this matter.

I haven't as yet installed sp3 but when the tv on media center didn't work I added the rollup2 update and general updates.

Please don't hesitate to say if there is more info that you require.

bookie32 :thumbup

PS Back to me googling!!

Update

I have been fiddling a bit with the settings and noticed that if I try to run media center tv and then the hauppauge it fails unless I reboot?

My tv card is obviously not working with media center - but why?'!!

bookie32 :angry:

Thanks for stopping by Nasua, thanks for the info most grateful. :thumbup:hello:

I have moved on now and have gone over to Vista Ultimate which is working fine up to a point - but I will start a new thread for that.

Thanks again for your help. That file has been saved in case my girlfriend wants to return to XP

bookie32